401k returns

Up In Smoke

Yes a pause built in at 7% and 13%. The larger causes a pause until 3:25 est, then trading resumes until close or a 20% drop closes the markets. S&P controls it.

oldngray

nowhere special
The losses (or gains) are just imaginary until you sell. I'm down way more than I'd like but just paper losses. At least I'm sitting on about 20% cash that wasn't making anything but not losing anything now either.

MattM

Fun facts on this historic day.

YTD personal performance im -18%. Could be much worse. Take a positive 2019 and include 2020, and I’m at -7%. All time I'm now -7%.

Stocks, I'm down 23% excluding dividends. Include them and it's also about a -18% loss.

Just a month or two back, I was a combined +20-25% riding high. Time to set it and forget it. Let it burn.

Last edited:

Up In Smoke

Fun facts on this historic day.

YTD personal performance im -18%. Could be much worse. Take a positive 2019 and include 2020, and I’m at -7%. All time I'm now -7%.

Stocks, I'm down 23% excluding dividends. Include them and it's also about a -18% loss.

Just a month or two back, I was a combined +20-25% riding high. Time to set it and forget it. Let it burn.
Dividends are paid as part of the earnings per share. Forward earnings in this market is any ones guess. Don't buy on backwards looking performance. This slide will be felt for multiple quarters and may even affect job growth.