401k returns

M

MenInBrown

almost 5 million people in New Zealand where it is summer and 102 cases. so that negates the heat issue.

Heat effects how easily it can be transmitted. Also New Zealand’s temp right now is cool, not hot. Long periods of warm moist air will kill the virus.

Up In Smoke

Heat effects how easily it can be transmitted. Also New Zealand’s temp right now is cool, not hot. Long periods of warm moist air will kill the virus.
New Zealand's average highest temperatures occur between January and April. I haven't seen any information regarding the humidity during this period. Today's humidity is 82%.

Up In Smoke

Actually his theory was based on some semblance of economic fact.

Your theory was based off of hey I think it’ll go gangbusters. Not exactly much to back that up.
Let's remember this is a three legged monster we are dealing with. The stock market was over priced, a global oil war and coronavirus. So the Fed is emptying every chamber trying to settle down the markets and supply a backboard for all businesses large and small. The government is trying to pass bills that help people affected by the virus, but have not yet dealt with the oil war. We enjoy the $.50 per gallon discount, but the oil companies are tied to the banks. As oil companies begin to fail (much like mortgage backed securities did) the banks get drug down with them. I believe we are in the 1st inning of this financial ballgame. I keep hearing this phrase "you can't stimulate demand".

oldngray

nowhere special
321074507.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Let's remember this is a three legged monster we are dealing with. The stock market was over priced, a global oil war and coronavirus. So the Fed is emptying every chamber trying to settle down the markets and supply a backboard for all businesses large and small. The government is trying to pass bills that help people affected by the virus, but have not yet dealt with the oil war. We enjoy the $.50 per gallon discount, but the oil companies are tied to the banks. As oil companies begin to fail (much like mortgage backed securities did) the banks get drug down with them. I believe we are in the 1st inning of this financial ballgame. I keep hearing this phrase "you can't stimulate demand".
not much front page news about the oil war. russia and the saudis are trying to do something here.......this is a new kind of "war"

wilberforce15

I was 50% cash and 50% treasuries. I got out of the market last year. This has been a very good year.

Time to jump back in with everything and then some when the DOW gets to 16-17k.

ManInBrown

I was 50% cash and 50% treasuries. I got out of the market last year. This has been a very good year.

Time to jump back in with everything and then some when the DOW gets to 16-17k.
Yup. No time to get out now. I’m 100% stock market. Took an absolute beating. Too late to jump. No choice but to go down with the ship.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yup. No time to get out now. I’m 100% stock market. Took an absolute beating. Too late to jump. No choice but to go down with the ship.
agree .

It's gonna get worse before it gets better but I am already seeing some minor positives in my town at least.
mostly trucks on the highways so the truckers are still going. went to 2 stores today and they were about 80-90% stocked. no problems there.

seems like people are starting to relax a little. not sure for how long. depends if the supply chain can keep up and running for the next several months without delays.

these shut downs are already proven to work as long as people cooperate. sure there will be some pain for everyone. no one knows how long. read on MSN that the last major stock market downturn took 10 years to recover fully.

i don't remember it taking that long. the stimulous packages helped quickly and it seemed like only a couple years. I was working all the time in feeder and was never laid off like I was after the 97 strike.

El Correcto

god is dead
agree .

It's gonna get worse before it gets better but I am already seeing some minor positives in my town at least.
mostly trucks on the highways so the truckers are still going. went to 2 stores today and they were about 80-90% stocked. no problems there.

seems like people are starting to relax a little. not sure for how long. depends if the supply chain can keep up and running for the next several months without delays.

these shut downs are already proven to work as long as people cooperate. sure there will be some pain for everyone. no one knows how long. read on MSN that the last major stock market downturn took 10 years to recover fully.

i don't remember it taking that long. the stimulous packages helped quickly and it seemed like only a couple years. I was working all the time in feeder and was never laid off like I was after the 97 strike.
They probably just blew all their money on a toilet paper and $5 packs of water.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Americans will soon be able to take penalty-free withdrawals from their 401(k)s, but experts say think twice about using retirement savings

There it is boys.

I just wish I had more puts, this market is going to be :censored2:ED. And guess who will start buying after people stop selling... This game is rigged.
I mean it is rigged but if you know what to do you can make big money also.

But yeah like I said above how gracious of them to allow the little man to pull his money out penalty free while the market tanks. Then guess who buys it up low and makes bank.

Package Stick

"Send it."
I mean it is rigged but if you know what to do you can make big money also.

But yeah like I said above how gracious of them to allow the little man to pull his money out penalty free while the market tanks. Then guess who buys it up low and makes bank.
:censored2: THEM. How is this alright?? Trump cut the :censored2:ing corporate tax rate to 21.00% yet, companies spent it on share buybacks and "golden parachutes". Is this what America wanted? To be :censored2:ed?

I wanted to be wrong: "However, seriously you guys should anticipate a decline in hours in the coming months IF Coronavirus takes hold. A recession benefits UPS and should be seen as such, people will ALWAYS need :censored2: moved. This company will find a way to make money even if only one person is alive."

Here's the recession, next is the depression.

They're cutting hours at my Hub for everyone.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
:censored2: THEM. How is this alright?? Trump cut the :censored2:ing corporate tax rate to 21.00% yet, companies spent it on share buybacks and "golden parachutes". Is this what America wanted? To be :censored2:ed?

I wanted to be wrong: "However, seriously you guys should anticipate a decline in hours in the coming months IF Coronavirus takes hold. A recession benefits UPS and should be seen as such, people will ALWAYS need :censored2: moved. This company will find a way to make money even if only one person is alive."

Here's the recession, next is the depression.

They're cutting hours at my Hub for everyone.
I am by no means a Democrat because I promise they don’t have our best interest in mind either but yes this is total BS

Guess what all of these companies should do. Liquidate assets. Sell some of the millions in stock they bought back. Spend the billions in cash they have. Take out loans at record low rates. All of that is acceptable.

Instead they get a massive hand out.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Guess what all these companies should do. Liquidate assets. Sell some of the millions in stock they bought back. Spend the billions in cash they have. Take out loans at record low rates. All of that is acceptable.

Instead they get a massive hand out.
In most cases the handout is a loan, that most likely will be paid back.

I would think selling assets or stock would make this recession much worse. And I doubt many have cash, didn't we already have a corporate bond problem.