Anyone getting over 15 percent on their 401/Roth? If so how

Attachments

• E11C564C-FEDC-464A-B8D9-BE8BE805EA50.jpeg
    E11C564C-FEDC-464A-B8D9-BE8BE805EA50.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 399

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Mines at 13%, you are doing better than me. I am sticking 20% a week into it. The balance the last couple of days has put a smile on my face. I do the S&P 500, S&P 400, Russell 2000, and I have about 40% in international funds. The only thing down recently was my IRA investments because of UPS stock dropping. I bought $500 worth of Litecoin and Ethereum a year ago to play with Cypto a little bit, its up to $786 right now.

Mines at 13%, you are doing better than me. I am sticking 20% a week into it. The balance the last couple of days has put a smile on my face. I do the S&P 500, S&P 400, Russell 2000, and I have about 40% in international funds. The only thing down recently was my IRA investments because of UPS stock dropping. I bought $500 worth of Litecoin and Ethereum a year ago to play with Cypto a little bit, its up to $786 right now.
You are more than likely a lot older than him and you have different goals.

Too many people do overlook the international fund The US is only a fraction of the world's economy, our market is priced higher and many other countries have far more growth potential

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If it does, I will just have to work a little longer. Not because I need the money. What I need in liquid cash is almost where I want it to be. I just don't want to miss an advancement opportunity
I think you’ll get out before it happens and it won’t take too long to recover but great buying opportunity.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I haven't touched my 401k balance yet.
I have 75% in stocks still and 25% in bonds.
I moved everything into a Self Managed Account before I retired.
I am up 28% YTD
I am bullish still.....great time to have money in the market.
Sometime in the next year as the market shows signs of slowing I will move everything into a Income Bond type fund and be happy with 4 to 6% returns with little risk.

MattM

Russell 2000 index and s&p 400 for me. I may need to go 20% with sp500 and 40/40 with what I already have.

Remember, the generic personal performance figure is just YTD. You have to click a few links to custom date your performance

1/1/2018 to 12/31/2018 saw -8%. This year YTD is around 15% for me, with a 1/1/2017 to now date range sitting at 14%.

There are also monthly fees and transaction fees. I tend to keep track of actual money deducted from my paychecks and compare that figure to what the ‘account value’ shows on the website.