Should DIDO start a 401k?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yes and no if you was retired right now and needed to take a RMD this would not be a good time if you have a few more years before you need the money then no it's not as bad
We're talking about retiring at 55 though. Of course I'm not blowing 10k at the local poker tournament either.

Re-Raise

What would you do if you got dealt pocket aces the first hand and two people before you wen all in? That would be the hardest decision ( besides @Indecisi0n ) ever! The logical thing would be to call because you have the best starting hand, but then you risk losing out on the very first hand to some tool who went all in with like AJ and losing $10,000.
Ship it in! I didn’t play a hand until I was dealt KK...Safe flop and I bet all three streets and won. I could actually breathe then knowing I wouldn’t go broke the first hand lol

We're talking about retiring at 55 though. Of course I'm not blowing 10k at the local poker tournament either.
This is no this example please please remember me
It's retired today in the market kept going down and you did not have any additional money to put into the market .
Add an inflation everything else what would you do? I'm being completely serious

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This is no this example please please remember me
It's retired today in the market kept going down and you did not have any additional money to put into the market .
Add an inflation everything else what would you do? I'm being completely serious
I'm not sure what you're asking me?

Re-Raise

Serious question..how much is enough to walk away from a 100k job with free insurance and almost 9 weeks of vacation if you are still in good shape?

Last edited:

Re-Raise

If you retired today would you give up what you are making now plus not being able to buy into the market at or near the bottom?trust me I'm leaving by th end of this contract but I'm glad(not really) this happened now and not during my retirement
I am staying until our youngest is off our insurance.. glad to make a couple hundred k more now that the market has dropped.

It may come back..at some point