Should DIDO start a 401k?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

badpal

What are the fees like. That's something I would have asked before they started deducting from my paycheck without my permission.
I heard a rumor a year or two back that all new fulltime hourlys would be automatically enrolled. Is there any truth to that? If so I bet in 20 years UPS is out of the pension business for those hired in the future.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I heard a rumor a year or two back that all new fulltime hourlys would be automatically enrolled. Is there any truth to that? If so I bet in 20 years UPS is out of the pension business for those hired in the future.
All new employees are enrolled automatically, and even though they didn't bother to tell me first, apparently all employees going from pt to ft too. You can cancel it though it's not mandatory.

I don't think the union is going to give up control of the pension money, but I don't know a lot about that racket.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The bright horizon funds are high. But everything else is pretty low.

All of the info is online.
What do you recommend if not the bright horizon?
I mean I see on there the expense ratio is lower with the S&P and the performance looks better but I guess they're more volatile too? I don't know anything about this garbage....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What do you recommend if not the bright horizon?
I mean I see on there the expense ratio is lower with the S&P and the performance looks better but I guess they're more volatile too? I don't know
anything about this garbage....
Your best bet is index funds then. S&P small cap and mid cap Russell 2000. The REIT fund has been killing it I think.

If we could all consistently beat the broader market we wouldn't be truck drivers.

Rack em

Made the Podium
How often do you change your allocations? Or do you just set it and forget it?

I recently got out of the bright horizon 2040 fund and put more toward the S&P500