43rd St not on PAS?

tarbar66

I just watched a video that was produced by CNN and featured M43NY. They had clips of loaders loading and even showed a pre PAS load chart. There was also some video of a driver and a couple of supervisors.

Why is this building not on PAS and EDD? Was it never implemented there or did someone do a half butt job and they had to scrap it?

I used to know quite a few feeder drivers from M43NY and I don't think the problem could be the hourlies! Please let me know.

cino321

Vertical dispatch - Manhattan S. doesn't have PAS either. Not saying they won't in the future.

I think one reason why they might not have PAS/EDD is because of the multiple consignees. Many of the routes in that building are dispatched with one address that may have 100's of different consignees in a skyscraper.

ups1990

Now this, I can't wait for! With the many high rises, will managemt ask drivers to submit a list of all consigness? Then after you do as directed, the problems continue. EDD say's one has 170 stops when in fact it's 185.

Please, those in the know keep us posted.

hangin455

Now this, I can't wait for! With the many high rises, will managemt ask drivers to submit a list of all consigness? Then after you do as directed, the problems continue. EDD say's one has 170 stops when in fact it's 185.

Please, those in the know keep us posted.

The problem is that there is no way to make the shipper use the consignee that is entered in PAS. There is a limited number of "aliases" that can be entered so the consignee is recognized. SRM shipper's consignees aren't entered at all. Until there is some way to force the shippers' to use valid address/consignee information you'll have a lot of "orphaned" packages that will have to be manually dispatched (which defeats the whole purpose of PAS).

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
M43NY = the worst building I've ever been to :biting:. Should bring in the wrecking ball and thrash that place. Definately needs to be redesigned.