4th day as package hander with 4 trucks!

NewUPSgirl

Today was hard. Really hard. Today marks my 4th day as a package handler and I was given 4 trucks. It was really the hardest day of my life but I did it. My supervisor helped on the 4th truck but only sat the packages beside the truck I had to load all four. I cried a little when I got home from Literally being overwhelmed. Is there any tips or any advice worth helping me along? Also, I want to move up and make this a career. How long would I have to be a package handler before I can be a driver helper... or driver. Thanks guys :)

Today was hard. Really hard. Today marks my 4th day as a package handler and I was given 4 trucks. It was really the hardest day of my life but I did it. My supervisor helped on the 4th truck but only sat the packages beside the truck I had to load all four. I cried a little when I got home from Literally being overwhelmed. Is there any tips or any advice worth helping me along? Also, I want to move up and make this a career. How long would I have to be a package handler before I can be a driver helper... or driver. Thanks guys :)
That's nothing compared to delivering

Good luck to you ll

NewUPSgirl

This is the first job I’ve ever had with the weekends off and I’m 31. I’d really rather make money I’m just wondering how long that process usually is.

NewUPSgirl

I thought it was a bit extreme. 4 trucks on my 4th day.. I’m guessing maybe it was a test of strength and speed for me. I love feeling accomplished when we are all done. It really is hard work.

Box Ox

I thought it was a bit extreme. 4 trucks on my 4th day.. I’m guessing maybe it was a test of strength and speed for me. I love feeling accomplished when we are all done. It really is hard work.

Strange. When I was a preloader, new female preloaders typically had pretty light pulls during training and then were moved into lighter work. No reason to keep them loading when ol’ Box Ox could do it better.

Hopefully 4 trucks isn’t a sign they intend to keep you loading.

upschuck

If you got 4 done today, they'd probably give you a fifth, tomorrow. They will work everyone as hard as they can push them, and then a little more. Do the best you can, and don't stress about the rest.

NewUPSgirl

Strange. When I was a preloader, new female preloaders typically had pretty light pulls during training and then were moved into lighter work. No reason to keep them loading when ol’ Box Ox could do it better.

Hopefully 4 trucks isn’t a sign they intend to keep you loading.

Yes.. it’s very extreme. My first day I thought would consist of maybe a video or walk through or watch and observe other loaders. It was straight to the belt with one truck. Second day 2 trucks. Third day 3 trucks. And 4 today trucks but with help from my supervisor by pulling most of them off the belt and loaded them all. I know it has got to get a little easier.. Because it was really really hard today.

NewUPSgirl

If you got 4 done today, they'd probably give you a fifth, tomorrow. They will work everyone as hard as they can push them, and then a little more. Do the best you can, and don't stress about the rest.

Thank you! I really am trying my best! I’m not ever giving up.. they’d have to fire me ;)

Turdferguson

Just a turd

You can be a driver helper in late October early November. Getting the Full time driving job just depends on how badly they need drivers in your area

Indecisi0n

Sounds like you have the toughest set in the building.