4th day as package hander with 4 trucks!

They want to see how well you handle stress. If you are going to freak out and quit when things get hard it's better for them if you quit sooner as opposed to later.
All the preliaders who've been there for a while know all the little tricks you need to know to do your job. Just ask a couple of them and eventually one of them'll tell you. There are several old threads here, if you search under the word preloader, where an old timer gives fairly good advice on the basics of working the belt. Always put away the 5k through 8k. The 1k through 4k can be separated into small piles in the truck so when you habe a quick moment you can hop in and put them away easily and quickly. If you get a lot of big RDL and RDR, stack them under the belt and put them in at the end. Don't block your entrance and keep your center isle as clear as possible. If you can't walk to the front of a truck you can't place the boxes there properly. Good luck!

542thruNthru

2 years later and I’m still loading those same 4 trucks BUT I’m a beast and never stack out 🔥 just passed my road test and waiting for a placement in school 🤘🏻
a735a-christragergoodjob.gif

PPH_over_9000

2 years later and I’m still loading those same 4 trucks BUT I’m a beast and never stack out 🔥 just passed my road test and waiting for a placement in school 🤘🏻

That's awesome!

You're probably already locked and loaded but just in case, for driving school your main concern should be the depth of knowledge. Know your 5's and 10's and you're golden.

Try not to stress! They're going to make the job progressively tougher on you, until you either break (word of advice: don't break!) or get to the point where you just don't give a :censored2: about the workload and you're knockin' days down on auto-pilot.

11.19igrad

they dont deserve it.

tell them 2 trucks and u will help on a 3rd or you're leaving.

play hardball.

u can now more than ever

. ur new and they will dump the toilet on you.

die tomorrow they wouldn't even notice.

its not an accomplishment, when the driver peels out that crap is a hurricane inside.

stick to your limits, start walking out, watch them chase you down and cater to you.

if they dont, they can load that :censored2:. wait tables at a nice restaurant instead.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
they dont deserve it.

play hardball.

u can now more than ever

its not an accomplishment, when the driver peels out that crap is a hurricane inside.

stick to your limits, start walking out, watch them chase you down and cater to you.

if they dont, they can load that *. wait tables at a nice restaurant instead.
Good drivers don’t peel out

They also know how to set the parking break

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
they dont deserve it.

play hardball.

u can now more than ever

You need to get laid brah you sound frustrated
You get fired from your new supervisor job is this why you’re acting out again?

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
they dont deserve it.

play hardball.

u can now more than ever

If you knew how a handbrake work you would still be driving

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
they dont deserve it.

play hardball.

u can now more than ever

Let it go bruh

mark-wahlberg-gif-7.gif

Spanky250

I thought it was a bit extreme. 4 trucks on my 4th day.. I’m guessing maybe it was a test of strength and speed for me. I love feeling accomplished when we are all done. It really is hard work.
Oh it was a test, and since you got it done it will be expected of you from now on.

NewUPSgirl

they dont deserve it.

play hardball.

u can now more than ever

This was 2 years ago.. I’m still in that same area loading the same trucks. I love my area and my drivers. I start school for driving the end of this month. Nothing but love for ups ❤️

ManInBrown

Today was hard. Really hard. Today marks my 4th day as a package handler and I was given 4 trucks. It was really the hardest day of my life but I did it. My supervisor helped on the 4th truck but only sat the packages beside the truck I had to load all four. I cried a little when I got home from Literally being overwhelmed. Is there any tips or any advice worth helping me along? Also, I want to move up and make this a career. How long would I have to be a package handler before I can be a driver helper... or driver. Thanks guys :)
There’s only one thing heroes at UPS get. More work. Work safely and work at a pace you feel comfortable. They’re pushing you to see what your maximum productivity is. Don’t fall for the trap.