4th day as package hander with 4 trucks!

11.19igrad

This was 2 years ago.. I’m still in that same area loading the same trucks. I love my area and my drivers. I start school for driving the end of this month. Nothing but love for ups ❤️
whatever you do, ask for demonstrations on rollaway prevention and tightening the handbrake. theres a lot they may not cover with you.

there will be a lot of laughs and jokes on this but just trust me.

A

AikenRooster

2 years later and I’m still loading those same 4 trucks BUT I’m a beast and never stack out 🔥 just passed my road test and waiting for a placement in school 🤘🏻
Thanks for being an inspiration. I’m starting on my 4th week, next week, and I do 3 trucks, plus a trailer, but the trailer doesn’t get much. Physically, I love it, but mentally, it’s tough for me, because I’m getting old. I still try and do my best job, every night, even though there is no glory in the job, and no one else cares. That’s the work ethic my father taught me, and I don’t have the union mentality to slow down nor do a sloppy job. I know UPS doesn’t care, the drivers don’t care, and Brown Cafe doesn’t care, but I do. The girl across from me does 4 trucks and never complains, so she’s a bit of an inspiration to me, too, although she won’t divulge any hacks to getting it done! I’ll figure it out one day.
Congratulations on making it to driver status. Sorry you had to put up with all the crap on this thread. It’s pathetic. There is no chivalry today, and a big reason why us men are assumed to bumbling, fumbling, morons, and can’t get any respect, and, why I detest social media. Good luck in your endeavors.

NewUPSgirl

Thanks for being an inspiration. I’m starting on my 4th week, next week, and I do 3 trucks, plus a trailer, but the trailer doesn’t get much. Physically, I love it, but mentally, it’s tough for me, because I’m getting old. I still try and do my best job, every night, even though there is no glory in the job, and no one else cares. That’s the work ethic my father taught me, and I don’t have the union mentality to slow down nor do a sloppy job. I know UPS doesn’t care, the drivers don’t care, and Brown Cafe doesn’t care, but I do. The girl across from me does 4 trucks and never complains, so she’s a bit of an inspiration to me, too, although she won’t divulge any hacks to getting it done! I’ll figure it out one day.
Congratulations on making it to driver status. Sorry you had to put up with all the crap on this thread. It’s pathetic. There is no chivalry today, and a big reason why us men are assumed to bumbling, fumbling, morons, and can’t get any respect, and, why I detest social media. Good luck in your endeavors.
Thank you so much for your kind words! I truly thought I wasn’t going to make it. I have proven myself so much over the last 2 years and you can do the same! Not many people understand the mind battle some of us face while doing this. Everyday i consider a challenge that I can’t let beat me... i actually have a really good sup who once told me “this job never gets easier you only get better” and I will always use this quote every single day. Good luck to you my friend.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Thank you so much for your kind words! I truly thought I wasn’t going to make it. I have proven myself so much over the last 2 years and you can do the same! Not many people understand the mind battle some of us face while doing this. Everyday i consider a challenge that I can’t let beat me... i actually have a really good sup who once told me “this job never gets easier you only get better” and I will always use this quote every single day. Good luck to you my friend.
The better people are the ones who get screwed over

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You detest social media
Yet here we are
SMH

Est.1998

Physically, I love it, but mentally, it’s tough for me, because I’m getting old.
Shouldn't this be said in reverse?
Like wouldn't it be tougher physically as you get older vs mentally?
although she won’t divulge any hacks to getting it done! I’ll figure it out one day.
What hacks you expect her to share?
Just come to work when you're supposed to and converse with your driver's.
You'll be fine.
There is no chivalry today, and a big reason why us men are assumed to bumbling, fumbling, morons, and can’t get any respect, and, why I detest social media.
Chivalry? You do realize women this day and age want/desire to be treated equal to men right?
No one assumes all men are any of what you just stated.
Do you watch a lot of tv or something?

NewUPSgirl

You will have to learn your own hacks. It will come in time... only thing I know to share that might help is move as fast as you ever have in your whole life. Don’t spend no more than 3 seconds on the truck loading the packages. If it won’t fit sit it down and try again whenever you have to go back into that same truck. Move fast.. work hard. It won’t get easier... you’ll get better!