Of course. They are almost exclusively unemployed. That's why I'm not into "kicking them to the curb". I'm glad this year they are paying $100 bonus for those showing up all 5 days of the week this year. A big incentive for these people and better than an hourly pay raise.
Give her a fiver for gas next time and bring her a snack

JL 0513

Give her a fiver for gas next time and bring her a snack

I tried slipping her a $20 and she refused. That's the other reason I don't try and dump her is because she is nice. My gripes are with her lack of abilities for the job. This is a physical, fast paced job and I feel like I'm dragging an anchor.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I tried slipping her a $20 and she refused. That's the other reason I don't try and dump her is because she is nice. My gripes are with her lack of abilities for the job. This is a physical, fast paced job and I feel like I'm dragging an anchor.
Did you tell her that?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How do you tell an older lady to her face that she is slowing you down because she can't walk fast and lift heavier pkgs? She can't change those abilities anyway.
You tell her, I like working with you, but I really need you to pick up the pace a little. Management is bugging me about my numbers..... Blame management. Lol.

JL 0513

It's all in how you word it.

What I do say during the day to though some hints about the urgency of the job. I'll say that I'm going to be out 'til 9pm (true). Or that I still have over 100 stops left at 4pm (true). Or talk about what UPS expects us to get done with some exaggeration. Doesn't change anything.

What I do say during the day to though some hints about the urgency of the job. I'll say that I'm going to be out 'til 9pm (true). Or that I still have over 100 stops left at 4pm (true). Or talk about what UPS expects us to get done with some exaggeration. Doesn't change anything.
Try having a heart. Pretend thats your mom in the jumper seat

JL 0513

Blame UPS NOT HER

This is what I mean. UPS has no business hiring such people for this position. They'd never hire such a person for a permanent pkg handling position but hire anyone they can find for helpers. I understand this reality that UPS has a hard time finding people to come aboard for a month and little money. I wish the applicant would be honest with themselves in what they are applying for. LIFTING and walking with potentially heavy pkgs all day.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I've been lucky the last two years. I had two young foreign girls who hustled. They were insistent on carrying boxes I could see them struggling with. Lol.

This is what I mean. UPS has no business hiring such people for this position. They'd never hire such a person for a permanent pkg handling position but hire anyone they can find for helpers. I understand this reality that UPS has a hard time finding people to come aboard for a month and little money. I wish the applicant would be honest with themselves in what they are applying for. LIFTING and walking with potentially heavy pkgs all day.
Most of these people, unfortunately don't have another option. Try to make the best of the situation