soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Always add 30 minutes to his time everyday. Always turn down a female helper the majority of them are too slow and u can't pea in a bottle in the back.
Two of the best helpers I ever had were women. They worked hard, always showed up on time, and paid attention. And when they needed to pee I took them to a public restroom.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Two of the best helpers I ever had were women. They worked hard, always showed up on time, and paid attention. And when they needed to pee I took them to a public restroom.
i too took them to pee also on my residential route, i couldnt go when i wanted to. In my opinion i dont want a woman helper only had two in 31 years that was any good, luck of the draw.

dudebro

My helper wouldn't get off of his phone even after I asked him to put it away. I gave him a package to DR and I told him "I'll be right back, I'm going to deliver these two down the street. Ill meet you right here." I proceeded to bust out the remaining 35 stops and when I came back, he was still there, on his phone. He was salty, but him and his phone are a distraction to both himself and me and creates an unsafe situation. Also told him to not bother meeting up with me anymore.
You were nice - you picked him back up. As a supervisor, I wouldn't have had a problem if you dropped him and his phone off at the nearest 7-11 (I'm sure he can use it to call a ride), sent the center an ODS msg, and I'll go find you another helper, even if it's me.

When I got my helper I told him or her... I only had a few rules... 1) Don't run or kill your self... You are my investment and I'm going to need you all through peak... 2) I take my meal during the day... It's no paid for you but I will by you lunch. 3) I work long hours and I will be picking you up at my first stop and have you until my last stop. If you are ok with all of that then we are good..

My driver was legit this last peak. Said he was the best he's had. Showed up for work ready with everything I'd need at the same time every day. He liked my hustle. Learned how to load and sort cars. It's not hard to show up to a job site with a packed lunch, appropriately dressed for changing weather, ready to work and work hard. They don't deliver themselves. I was hired end of October, paid 15 an hour, 250 a week bonus when able to work all five or six days if they/you call, and 1000 bucks at the end of the second week of January (the last two weeks were paid bonuses but I made sure to call and speak directly with the driver coordinator) but didn't work, despite drivers pulling 60 and being burnt out. Some drivers at my center were talking saying how they could still use their helpers. I'm now a few months in as a preloader heading towards seniority, and as :censored2:ty as UPS is, they've really given a man a chance. I see that a lot with my coworkers. The ones that don't quit by lunch or just stop showing up lol.

W

What The Hawk?

My co-worker said his driver dropped him off with multiple stops worth of boxes and then told him to meet him a few blocks away. Is that what being a driver helper is? Running after a truck after they make you deliver :censored2:? He described it as literally running after the truck.
Was a helper for this same driver last peak..can confirm this story. :censored2: sucked! Nice driver, but he really took advantage of his helpers. Which isn't bad. All I gotta say is if you're not taking layers off from being hot even in the butt ass cold, you're not "helping" right. LOL

BrownThunder

I've driven two peaks and never felt comfortable with abandoning my helper.

Worst case scenario I would give him two packages to hit if they are a few houses apart.

GayOfThrones

I began my career as a driver's helper. Worked for many drivers. Some were fantastic, others less so. I find it funny how many of the drivers here complain about how their supervisors don't treat them with respect but then turn around and treat their assigned helpers in the same manner.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I began my career as a driver's helper. Worked for many drivers. Some were fantastic, others less so. I find it funny how many of the drivers here complain about how their supervisors don't treat them with respect but then turn around and treat their assigned helpers in the same manner.

@MyTripisCut @Wally

Another one of your fellow Jerseyites

You wanna deal with him

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Got any pics? :devil3:
You sure? Might want to rethink that?

th

I'm the latest person to get seniority and only 3 people above me would do it but don't really want to. Load in the AM and roll tide at top driver pay. They never get enough seasonal hires. Word is nobody ever wants it so I'm really hoping that being a stellar helper will look good in my future too. There's 6 months until driver and 4 of 5 just failed, and only two wanna do it, maybe I can make it happen sooner in the next year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm the latest person to get seniority and only 3 people above me would do it but don't really want to. Load in the AM and roll tide at top driver pay. They never get enough seasonal hires. Word is nobody ever wants it so I'm really hoping that being a stellar helper will look good in my future too. There's 6 months until driver and 4 of 5 just failed, and only two wanna do it, maybe I can make it happen sooner in the next year.

Help me out

How is being a "stellar" helper going to help you look good in the future?

You do understand how seniority works

Don't you?