vvv

I never get a helper and I'm ok with it.
Likewise......I don't get one because I refuse to accept one. They can't even train a regular driver properly so I am not gonna be responsible for an outsider. Just lighten my load like a normal day to slightly busier and I'm all good.

vvv

Likewise......I don't get one because I refuse to accept one. They can't even train a regular driver properly so I am not gonna be responsible for an outsider. Just lighten my load like a normal day to slightly busier and I'm all good.
I can walk thru my whole load nearly everyday and cruise by myself with my music while the other drivers who use helpers next to me get the big white bags of splits off me. I laugh when before our start times the other clown drivers are trying to jam every last possible package onto their car that they can barely shut the rear door, and then they look in my buggy and I can run track down the center. You want to kill yourself.......FINE......but don't be pissed with me for your own stupidity and corner cutting.

CleverNameHere

"Commandments" HAHAHAHAHA WE DROP BOXES OFF AND PICK THEM UP! THERES INVALUABLE SERVICE WE PROVIDE TO BUSINESSES ABSOLUTELY other than that we are overworked and understaffed out to all hours delivering to people who won't get off their ass to do their own shopping. Demand far outweighs the possible logistics to maintain a humane workforce career this job only survives due to the older generation who friend..Ked everyone in the first place and their greedy mindset. Thanks you guys really paved the way. This unions a joke this company is a joke and last but not least you too much s..t ordering lazy leaches sitting home unable or willing to do your own physical shopping in actual stores (to keep the real America alive)are the biggest joke. We are glorified mailmen at best we shouldn't be hauling 160 lb furniture up 3 flights of apartment stairs for your entitled effing selves. I will dedicate unprecedented time and energy to denigrate and expose the physically and mentally debilitating conditions and corporate "logistics" mentally that destroys our so called mere "service providers" (package drivers) family and personal lives as long as I live until we are dealt a fair day of 8 hours no matter what not a minute more or less. We should request for overtime not a sane workload. You crooked friend@#$

CleverNameHere

Commandments my arse.. it's not biblical. It's not even anything more than a waiter job at a restaurant. Just longer hours and driving multiple miles a day to "serve". People are better off buying sh,t their selves or hell, use one of the under burdened and cheaper contractor companies out there. Better faster s service and you'll be fighting the big brown turd. Put us out of business I plead. Workers as good as any that have lasted here more than a few years deserve so much better. Thank you. Merry Christmas/happy holidays.

Sincerely
Dead inside former "package drivers"

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"Commandments" HAHAHAHAHA WE DROP BOXES OFF AND PICK THEM UP! THERES INVALUABLE SERVICE WE PROVIDE TO BUSINESSES ABSOLUTELY other than that we are overworked and understaffed out to all hours delivering to people who won't get off their ass to do their own shopping. Demand far outweighs the possible logistics to maintain a humane workforce career this job only survives due to the older generation who friend..Ked everyone in the first place and their greedy mindset. Thanks you guys really paved the way. This unions a joke this company is a joke and last but not least you too much s..t ordering lazy leaches sitting home unable or willing to do your own physical shopping in actual stores (to keep the real America alive)are the biggest joke. We are glorified mailmen at best we shouldn't be hauling 160 lb furniture up 3 flights of apartment stairs for your entitled effing selves. I will dedicate unprecedented time and energy to denigrate and expose the physically and mentally debilitating conditions and corporate "logistics" mentally that destroys our so called mere "service providers" (package drivers) family and personal lives as long as I live until we are dealt a fair day of 8 hours no matter what not a minute more or less. We should request for overtime not a sane workload. You crooked friend@#$
If the job is so horrible, why do you work here?

This will be my 30th peak season with UPS, and I for one am grateful to have a job with good pay and benefits.

vvv

If the job is so horrible, why do you work here?

This will be my 30th peak season with UPS, and I for one am grateful to have a job with good pay and benefits.
The job is awful......but I for one like yourself have a lot of time in too and am just riding it out til "whenever". And yes the pay and benefits are decent but it comes at a price to your personal/family time and health over the long run. And vacation time is good. And there's an awful lot of young tush half my age on my route that I am enjoying to the utmost!!
Lastly as I have mentioned before I stay because I no longer let anything bother me and go out there with no pressure and do whatever the hell I please.
If I am buried I give a nice late eta......and if they want their stupid truck back earlier then they know to send help and if not I take my time and adjust pace accordingly to get me to the finish line for said day......simple.

soberups

The job is awful......but I for one like yourself have a lot of time in too and am just riding it out til "whenever". And yes the pay and benefits are decent but it comes at a price to your personal/family time and health over the long run. And vacation time is good. And there's an awful lot of young tush half my age on my route that I am enjoying to the utmost!!
Lastly as I have mentioned before I stay because I no longer let anything bother me and go out there with no pressure and do whatever the hell I please.
If I am buried I give a nice late eta......and if they want their stupid truck back earlier then they know to send help and if not I take my time and adjust pace accordingly to get me to the finish line for said day......simple.
The job has its challenges and frustrations, but there is a part of me that enjoys the camaraderie of peak season and that takes pride in going the extra mile to make sure my customers get their packages on time. It is unfortunate that you choose instead to have such a bitter outlook.

One other thing; there is a term for taking your time and adjusting your pace in order to retaliate for a heavy dispatch. Its called "stealing time."

vvv

No
The job has its challenges and frustrations, but there is a part of me that enjoys the camaraderie of peak season and that takes pride in going the extra mile to make sure my customers get their packages on time. It is unfortunate that you choose instead to have such a bitter outlook.

One other thing; there is a term for taking your time and adjusting your pace in order to retaliate for a heavy dispatch. Its called "stealing time."
WRONG!! I have a paper from UPS themselves with job duties. And in short it states that we are basically required to work at their required "expectations" for 9.5 hours. If you go dispatching me with an 11 hour day then it's like adjusting to changing conditions. therefore I won't burn myself out for 9.5 and barely drag my butt around til I finish.
And if they considered what you refer to as stealing time I would have been gone 20 years ago. So I can only surmise that i am working at a more than an adequate pace. If you read my other posts it's not my speed that slows me down resulting in late arrivals. It's because I cut no corners.....try doing the job to exacting standards for a full day without cheating on anything and let me know how much later you punch out than the norm. Go ahead and give it a shot one day.

vvv

No

WRONG!! I have a paper from UPS themselves with job duties. And in short it states that we are basically required to work at their required "expectations" for 9.5 hours. If you go dispatching me with an 11 hour day then it's like adjusting to changing conditions. therefore I won't burn myself out for 9.5 and barely drag my butt around til I finish.
And if they considered what you refer to as stealing time I would have been gone 20 years ago. So I can only surmise that i am working at a more than an adequate pace. If you read my other posts it's not my speed that slows me down resulting in late arrivals. It's because I cut no corners.....try doing the job to exacting standards for a full day without cheating on anything and let me know how much later you punch out than the norm. Go ahead and give it a shot one day.
Hell.....I have probably had more OJS rides by myself than 3/4 of you combined. And why is it that nothing has been found? Funny huh.......Must be doing something right......and it's not putting my lips on managements backend like most others.

Hell.....I have probably had more OJS rides by myself than 3/4 of you combined. And why is it that nothing has been found? Funny huh.......Must be doing something right......and it's not putting my lips on managements backend like most others.
I have had a 1 day OJS in 21 years over 160 routes. I would call you a problem child.

vvv

I have had a 1 day OJS in 21 years over 160 routes. I would call you a problem child.
Yes.....I am a child. A child that doesn't take things laying down.

They put the Division Manager in the buggy with me for 3 straight many many years ago. Guy did nothing but compliment me at the end of it all and I never heard from him again. Sooooo.....carry on and business as usual for me!! :)

soberups

They put the Division Manager in the buggy with me for 3 straight many many years ago. Guy did nothing but compliment me at the end of it all and I never heard from him again. Sooooo.....carry on and business as usual for me!! :)
If all that is true then why did you brag about "having more OJS rides than 3/4 of us combined?"

I am starting to believe you suffer from friend.O.S syndrome.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I can walk thru my whole load nearly everyday and cruise by myself with my music while the other drivers who use helpers next to me get the big white bags of splits off me. I laugh when before our start times the other clown drivers are trying to jam every last possible package onto their car that they can barely shut the rear door, and then they look in my buggy and I can run track down the center. You want to kill yourself.......FINE......but don't be :censored2: with me for your own stupidity and corner cutting.
Yeah... your special

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

Troll go away..you create the problems you bitch about

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Everyday I get a helper time card with a meet point and meet time in my TP60. Everyday I also have someone write on that timecard that no helper is available. Why do they bother to even send one?

AlliSeeisBrown

My helper wouldn't get off of his phone even after I asked him to put it away. I gave him a package to DR and I told him "I'll be right back, I'm going to deliver these two down the street. Ill meet you right here." I proceeded to bust out the remaining 35 stops and when I came back, he was still there, on his phone. He was salty, but him and his phone are a distraction to both himself and me and creates an unsafe situation. Also told him to not bother meeting up with me anymore.

Over 70

My helper wouldn't get off of his phone even after I asked him to put it away. I gave him a package to DR and I told him "I'll be right back, I'm going to deliver these two down the street. Ill meet you right here." I proceeded to bust out the remaining 35 stops and when I came back, he was still there, on his phone. He was salty, but him and his phone are a distraction to both himself and me and creates an unsafe situation. Also told him to not bother meeting up with me anymore.

That is awesome. I always get a little bitter when I walk off two stops down the road and get back to the car at the same time as the helper fumbling with the one right next to the car that I pointed directly at and said the address multiple times/house color/etc....

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Always add 30 minutes to his time everyday. Always turn down a female helper the majority of them are too slow and u can't pea in a bottle in the back.