5 Commandments for using a helper (On Topic)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by soberups, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Boxslinger11

Boxslinger11 Next gen teamster

look man im just trying to keep up with @Gumby okay

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Now, a low life jack wagon, and still loving it. Staff Member

Why?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Boxslinger11

Boxslinger11 Next gen teamster

im lying im actually a first time seasonal and have just been :censored2:posting for the past year and actually am his helper my mexican goons stole all the iphones we delivered yesterday he just didnt see me with my phone out!

4. cosmo1

But, why emulate Gumby?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. 2033

2033 Well-Known Member

Helpers aren't assigned routes. And, yes, you can request a new driver on "your" route. But make sure to do it in writing, so management has something to throw in the garbage while laughing hysterically at your over-inflated sense of self-importance.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. rumpleforeskin

rumpleforeskin New Member

I have a tip for ya! How about better service center hours during the holidays. You guys are awesome but seriously, why is my military son having to go to extreme lengths to pick up his package because your service Fairbanks center isn't open on Saturday! :censored2:ing seriously? I had to cancel his Amazon order and have it reshipped Fedex to a Walgreens.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. rod

rod retired and happy

Quit sending him boxes if he is unable to receive them. Mail him a gift certificate, cash or money order and let him buy what he really wants anyway. I would assume there are a dozen ways to do this over the internet also.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescil Vulnere Virtus

What would be the fun in that? Then he couldn’t come on here and troll.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. el blanco

el blanco Guest

Oh the humanity

[​IMG]

10. proplayer

proplayer New Member

I'm a first time helper this year and got a little freaked out by a driver who was constantly neglecting to get signatures and/or just leaving packages at apartment doors when they should have been taken to the office. My previous driver was much more thorough and we always had packages to deliver to the apartment office. I didn't want to lose my gig because of stolen or missing items so I told my super that I didn't want to be responsible for anything lost or stolen. Within a couple days I had a new driver on the same route and he took me to a house where a package was reported missing to help him find it (I had not been to the house before except when the previous driver had to do the same thing a few days before) then I was asked to recall having delivered a HV package that was delivered without a signature to a house I didn't remember delivering to the day before I got the new driver. The package was safe when we finally got the signature but I did recall the stickers on the box so I know that I or my other driver delivered it to the house. It didn't take long for me to realize I was now being investigated or "tested" for being a thief. I was handed an unsealed envelope to deliver and when handed that envelope the contents fell out on the steps of the truck. As I began putting the items back in the envelope I was told to deliver it with the other package but not to ring the door bell. The already opened mailing envelope contained a worthless item and a smaller heavier wrapped item, maybe something of HV. So, I went from careless in a hurry driver to a more responsible driver who kept me away from the diad and delivered all HV's but gave me an open package and told to deliver without ringing the bell. Why not just can me if you think I'm a thief? Should I have kept my mouth shut about the first driver? Also, we suddenly had a few more deliveries to empty houses. Are they investigating both of us? Do you automatically assume that because I have this job I'm more likely to be a thief?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescil Vulnere Virtus

@RonBurgandy?????????? help this guy out.

12. Rack em

Rack em Well-Known Member

NARC!

13. burrheadd

burrheadd Esquire

Nice job driver #2 got fired

14. Control_90

Control_90 New Member

In between jobs for the season and became a helper for the holidays:
    My first driver struggled significantly - refused to learn his route - had at least 50+ takebacks a night. I was running every package for him so we could 'try' to finish by 9:30pm. I even offered to print out an address list or map for the poor bastard to help him get more organized. By the end of our short time together I was running packages / organizing the back / making scans with the DIAD / looking up where to go next *every other stop* with my iphone...etc.
    Felt bad for him, but had to make a switch. New driver i'm with simply has a general idea of his route. We never run, and even have more stops than the last driver. We actually take lunch, work great together, and get finished at a reasonable hour everyday. Oh, and I can still smoke my cancer sticks in the cab. Work smarter not harder folks?

15. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Very true. Love your avatar.

16. cosmo1

Just think how nice it will be in February when all the helper posts go away.

17. 2033

2033 Well-Known Member

92c652f913a538c1a1b1020db7117400434310f38ee11b43f9502e9db482ff59.gif

18. 2033

2033 Well-Known Member

download.png

19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Single digit midget!

Other than the "cancer sticks", which you would NOT smoke while on my car unless you hung your head out the window like a dog, you sound like the type of helper that I would love to work with.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Single digit midget!

They are called helper teams for a reason.