5 Commandments for using a helper (On Topic)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by soberups, Dec 18, 2011.

1. sailfish

sailfish Duke of Douschebaggery

Given today's social climate, I would refuse a female helper.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  2. Tamaker

Tamaker New Member

So I'm about to be starting as a helper for the following few weeks. Looking at this thread it seems there are more drivers than helpers, so from any helpers out there: Any tips on how to handle the job during winter time or is there anything you wish you knew before you started working as a delivery helper?

3. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Show up on time

Do what your asked

Leave your phone in your pocket

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

No drama.

Bring a lunch.

5. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

If you can do the first 3 I’ll buy you lunch

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

When my helper is on the car he is there to work, not eat. We don't stop for lunch.

7. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

I get a helper for 2.99 to 4.99 hours.
    I pick the helper up after lunch. I'm sure they'd rather make the money than have to sit unpaid

8. UpstateNYUPSer

I asked my helper this very question and that was his answer.

9. helpme

helpme New Member

ou're a seasonal employee who will only work a few more weeks. Your driver has years in with the company and knows how it operates. You should shut your mouth before you come off more stupid than you already have.

Excuse me ma'am but, The average time my drivers have been working and driving for UPS is 6 months. I ask each one how long they've been with the company. This particular one is almost a year. So, spare me your arrogance and ignorance.

10. helpme

helpme New Member

I'm on my fourth driver because I got my regular route assigned to me when I started with my 3rd driver who was an awesome guy but only 2 months on the job. They moved him and kept me on the route and that's how I got the 4th driver who asked me to run a second daily route because I happen to be the best driver helper he has ever had help him. On my 3rd day I realized he was a typical underachiever like many of you girls.

11. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

You're so adorable.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Hate to break it to you cupcake
    But the reason drivers don’t keep the same helper everyday is because they figured out helper was a :censored2:bag

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Actually, I AM a girl and have been delivering boxes longer than you’ve probably been alive. I used to be a runner who could out work most of the guys I worked with, and did because I felt like I needed to prove something.

Difference between you and the rest of us “underachievers” is that we hit a point in our career where we realized the pace we were keeping wasn’t conducive to walking upright in our old age. Some drivers are fortunate and won’t have to deal with that, the rest of us will. When you’re back to flipping burgers, or driving the kiddie carpool or your comfy desk job, we will still be out here “underachieving”. Good luck to you and especially your next driver.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Over disciplined0123

Over disciplined0123 Active Member

How much do you give you helper on his last day. If I had the same helper since November I would always give him 50 to 100 bucks cash in a Christmas card on their last day ..., Exept for the :censored2: helpers that steal my wallet

15. Over disciplined0123

16. UpstateNYUPSer

$20/week for gas.

Hot chocolate from Dunkin.

Lunch on our last day.

$100 for my primary loader.

$25 for my Peak loader.

17. el blanco

el blanco Guest

hey gurl,
    played the age card right out of the gate

me likey

18. Over disciplined0123

Dress warm if your in the cold ass states. Also if you are out there in snow buy a good pair of boots . When your feet get wet and cold it’s all over . Hopefully you will get a down to earth driver that treats you the way he would want to be treated . I always try to pretend I’m having fun out there and joke around. I never had a helper quit on me yet

19. Boxslinger11

Boxslinger11 Next gen teamster

:censored2:. phones coming out if theres a gap between stops or im walking back from a driveway. but when that truck stops the phone goes in the pocket and im waiting for them to hand me that box

20. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

not on my truck....

no phones, no smoking

I don't trust temp workers on the phone... lil :censored2: be giving their friends the addresses of the stuff we just delivered...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List