Tamaker

So I'm about to be starting as a helper for the following few weeks. Looking at this thread it seems there are more drivers than helpers, so from any helpers out there: Any tips on how to handle the job during winter time or is there anything you wish you knew before you started working as a delivery helper?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So I'm about to be starting as a helper for the following few weeks. Looking at this thread it seems there are more drivers than helpers, so from any helpers out there: Any tips on how to handle the job during winter time or is there anything you wish you knew before you started working as a delivery helper?

Show up on time

Do what your asked

Leave your phone in your pocket

helpme

Just do the job you were hired for.

Spoken like my former driver.
You want to run the job description by me again? You guys shouldn't drive if you can't live up to the expectations set by your employer. It's pretty simple. If you ladies don't want to work 70 hours, use a helper. All I hear and read about now is how you girly men are appalled at being required to work 70 hours in 6 days. Those hours will be gone after Christmas. You'll still have your pacifiers in your mouth well into next Christmas season.
You're a seasonal employee who will only work a few more weeks. Your driver has years in with the company and knows how it operates. You should shut your mouth before you come off more stupid than you already have.

ou're a seasonal employee who will only work a few more weeks. Your driver has years in with the company and knows how it operates. You should shut your mouth before you come off more stupid than you already have.

Excuse me ma'am but, The average time my drivers have been working and driving for UPS is 6 months. I ask each one how long they've been with the company. This particular one is almost a year. So, spare me your arrogance and ignorance.

helpme

Just do the job you were hired for.

Spoken like my former driver.
You want to run the job description by me again? You guys shouldn't drive if you can't live up to the expectations set by your employer. It's pretty simple. If you ladies don't want to work 70 hours, use a helper. All I hear and read about now is how you girly men are appalled at being required to work 70 hours in 6 days. Those hours will be gone after Christmas. You'll still have your pacifiers in your mouth well into next Christmas season.
You're a seasonal employee who will only work a few more weeks. Your driver has years in with the company and knows how it operates. You should shut your mouth before you come off more stupid than you already have.
So you've been through four drivers already?? Maybe it's you and not them.
I was thinking the same thing. That seems to be the common denominator!!

I'm on my fourth driver because I got my regular route assigned to me when I started with my 3rd driver who was an awesome guy but only 2 months on the job. They moved him and kept me on the route and that's how I got the 4th driver who asked me to run a second daily route because I happen to be the best driver helper he has ever had help him. On my 3rd day I realized he was a typical underachiever like many of you girls.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm on my fourth driver because I got my regular route assigned to me when I started with my 3rd driver who was an awesome guy but only 2 months on the job. They moved him and kept me on the route and that's how I got the 4th driver who asked me to run a second daily route because I happen to be the best driver helper he has ever had help him. On my 3rd day I realized he was a typical underachiever like many of you girls.
You're so adorable.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Hate to break it to you cupcake
But the reason drivers don’t keep the same helper everyday is because they figured out helper was a :censored2:bag

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Actually, I AM a girl and have been delivering boxes longer than you’ve probably been alive. I used to be a runner who could out work most of the guys I worked with, and did because I felt like I needed to prove something.

Difference between you and the rest of us “underachievers” is that we hit a point in our career where we realized the pace we were keeping wasn’t conducive to walking upright in our old age. Some drivers are fortunate and won’t have to deal with that, the rest of us will. When you’re back to flipping burgers, or driving the kiddie carpool or your comfy desk job, we will still be out here “underachieving”. Good luck to you and especially your next driver.

Over disciplined0123

How much do you give you helper on his last day. If I had the same helper since November I would always give him 50 to 100 bucks cash in a Christmas card on their last day ..., Exept for the :censored2: helpers that steal my wallet

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How much do you give you helper on his last day. If I had the same helper since November I would always give him 50 to 100 bucks cash in a Christmas card on their last day ..., Exept for the :censored2: helpers that steal my wallet

$20/week for gas.

Hot chocolate from Dunkin.

Lunch on our last day.

$100 for my primary loader.

$25 for my Peak loader.

E

el blanco

Actually, I AM a girl and have been delivering boxes longer than you’ve probably been alive. I used to be a runner who could out work most of the guys I worked with, and did because I felt like I needed to prove something.

Difference between you and the rest of us “underachievers” is that we hit a point in our career where we realized the pace we were keeping wasn’t conducive to walking upright in our old age. Some drivers are fortunate and won’t have to deal with that, the rest of us will. When you’re back to flipping burgers, or driving the kiddie carpool or your comfy desk job, we will still be out here “underachieving”. Good luck to you and especially your next driver.

hey gurl,
played the age card right out of the gate

me likey

Over disciplined0123

Dress warm if your in the cold ass states. Also if you are out there in snow buy a good pair of boots . When your feet get wet and cold it’s all over . Hopefully you will get a down to earth driver that treats you the way he would want to be treated . I always try to pretend I’m having fun out there and joke around. I never had a helper quit on me yet

wayfair

swollen member
:censored2:. phones coming out if theres a gap between stops or im walking back from a driveway. but when that truck stops the phone goes in the pocket and im waiting for them to hand me that box

not on my truck....

no phones, no smoking

I don't trust temp workers on the phone... lil :censored2: be giving their friends the addresses of the stuff we just delivered...