5 keys to package selection

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have another question. With the bad addresses and the flips, do we still need to AC bad addy's? (if the bad addys is on the shipping label, not the flip). How does that work now?

I think dilligaf is asking the same thing I am wondering. If PAS catches a bad address and puts the correct address on the PAL label, do we still have to do the address correction in the DIAD? This would seem to me to be a waste of time if PAS corrects the bad address and the shipper is automatically contacted. We would be doing an address correction twice. Now I do record the correct address when PAS screws up and puts the wrond address in EDD........

If PAS catches the bad address and it is in EDD correctly you do not have to do an ADC.
Sure you do, otherwise when the package is tracked it will show as a misdelivery. Because it hasn't actually been A/Ced if it is just a flop to the correct addy. Now, if DCAP A/Cs it, then it is already done and no need to do it again. I don't think the shipper is notified unless the package is A/Ced.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think dilligaf is asking the same thing I am wondering. If PAS catches a bad address and puts the correct address on the PAL label, do we still have to do the address correction in the DIAD? This would seem to me to be a waste of time if PAS corrects the bad address and the shipper is automatically contacted. We would be doing an address correction twice. Now I do record the correct address when PAS screws up and puts the wrond address in EDD........
This is exactly what I was wondering. Thanks Scratch

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If DCAP had ADCed it, the old, wrong addy would be covered up.

I was assuming that DCAP had caught this and already done the ADC; if not, you are correct in that you have to do the ADC.

Sure you do, otherwise when the package is tracked it will show as a misdelivery. Because it hasn't actually been A/Ced if it is just a flop to the correct addy. Now, if DCAP A/Cs it, then it is already done and no need to do it again. I don't think the shipper is notified unless the package is A/Ced.

If PAS catches the bad address and it is in EDD correctly you do not have to do an ADC.
Ok, you guys now have me throughly confused. I'll just try and remember to ask at work. LOL

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
Wow hadnt looked at this thread but usually get on and read threads twice a day but now i see my id has been hijacked oh the humanity of it . So i checked to see if i could still sign in as badpal and i could ??? wonder how this could happen ? yours truly the original badpal:sad-little:

I really was dead set on having the name. I didn't look at the member list when I signed up. I went through a couple of choices in my head and came up with this one. We can share it and you will always be the original badpal:peaceful:

badpal

I really was dead set on having the name. I didn't look at the member list when I signed up. I went through a couple of choices in my head and came up with this one. We can share it and you will always be the original badpal:peaceful:
Well i suppose its ok besides i always smile when i see your dancing bear avatar lol. Just promise not to write anything too radical i wouldnt want the board police coming after me by mistake . ORIGINAL badpal :happy2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was confused at first when you two brought up the question of two members with the same name. But then I just noticed that badpal Jr has a period(.) after his name. badpal Sr doesn't, although an avatar would be nice.:wink2:

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
Well i suppose its ok besides i always smile when i see your dancing bear avatar lol. Just promise not to write anything too radical i wouldnt want the board police coming after me by mistake . ORIGINAL badpal :happy2:
I love this avatar. It makes me laugh every time I see it as well. I promise I'll be good...for the most part.

-CLONE badpal

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was confused at first when you two brought up the question of two members with the same name. But then I just noticed that badpal Jr has a period(.) after his name. badpal Sr doesn't, although an avatar would be nice.:wink2:
I think its similar to MechanicforBrown and MechanicforBrownsWife.

Just short hand for:
Badpal and BadpalsWife (Badpal with a period).

Last edited:

badpal

Yes Scratch i would love a cool avatar too like everyone else but i just tech savvy enough to run a diad and barely find my way to Brown cafe, Is there such a thing as a avatar sight to find one . ORIGINAL badpal (badpal very senior )

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes Scratch i would love a cool avatar too like everyone else but i just tech savvy enough to run a diad and barely find my way to Brown cafe, Is there such a thing as a avatar sight to find one . ORIGINAL badpal (badpal very senior )

Finding and uploading an avatar is actually quite easy. Simply surf the web and look for a picture that you like. Save the picture to your computer. Go to BC, User CP, scroll down to Edit Avatar, attach the file, and you should be all set. There are size constraints but this shouldn't be an issue--the hard part will be deciding on a picture to upload.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Or even easier, we have pages and pages of avatars right here. LOL

User CP/edit avatar pick one. Be sure to save changes.