6 working days!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I remember reading about the old days when Unions fought to get a 40 hour week with weekends off.

I guess Hoffa missed that day in school.

The way we are going we will be working 6 days a week 10 hours a day.
Remember the time when we worked for UPS and all the other shipping companies offered 7? That was so cool that we prevented that. Man I wished I still had that job.

browndevil

I remember reading about the old days when Unions fought to get a 40 hour week with weekends off.

I guess Hoffa missed that day in school.

The way we are going we will be working 6 days a week 10 hours a day.
No not Hoffa. He got that right. The new market place is changing at a very fast pace. With Millennials driving it with their buying habits. Part of the job as Union Leaders is to protect jobs. If we don't change those packages are going somewhere else. Most likely in a non discript white van with no bumpers and a dude in a HiVee vest driving it.

F

Frankie's Friend

This is the only job that I have ever had where we are allowed to NC/NS up to 3 times per year without retribution.
Wrong again. 72 hr letter sent out here and your name is taken off the seniority list after start time on day 3 unless you can prove you were unable to call in.

Wrong again. 72 hr letter sent out here and your name is taken off the seniority list after start time on day 3 unless you can prove you were unable to call in.
Progressive discipline. First occurrence a warning letter. Second occurrence a suspension, most likely a working suspension, third occurrence another suspension and now it starts to get real with a threat of termination.

F

Frankie's Friend

Progressive discipline. First occurrence a warning letter. Second occurrence a suspension, most likely a working suspension, third occurrence another suspension and now it starts to get real with a threat of termination.
Three NC NS days in a row =s termination here.
The post from einstein said they get 3 in a year.
Don't let them be consecutive without being able to justify no call in by start time on day 3 or it's over.

Heavy Package

The new market place is changing at a very fast pace. With Millennials driving it with their buying habits. Part of the job as Union Leaders is to protect jobs. If we don't change those packages are going somewhere else.

I totally agree. My issue is that the weekend work does not have to be on the backs of your existing workforce. There is a nice win-win with the schedule changes that UPS wants to initiate but the win-win is to allow existing employees the option for the OT and have a bid sheet for the new schedule changes.

Isn't that part of the Union and UPS promise of working to create new jobs and promote from within? I'm sure there are many PT who would want to drive on the weekend(s) and think how much this would help us during peak rather than hiring so many clue-bags from the outside calling themselves UPS drivers.