6 yrs have passed

It has been six years since UPS acquired Overnite. If your going to pay 1.25 billion for a company, part of that price should have been to change the logos. My god, after six years half that fleet on the road looks like crap. So much for image Scott!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It has been six years since UPS acquired Overnite. If your going to pay 1.25 billion for a company, part of that price should have been to change the logos. My god, after six years half that fleet on the road looks like crap. So much for image Scott!

Changing the logo is the easy part--changing the mindset has proven to be much more difficult.

david cassin

dublinbrown
i thought they had scrapped alot ot the overnite trailers and resprayed the good ones.
they have done similar in the uk when the bought lynx transport.but the scrapped more than they re painted and fixed up.

brett636

I still see a lot of trucks that say overnite on the top fairing with a UPS freight sticker on the doors. Same with the trailers as a lot still have overnite on them, but I will say the new UPS freight trucks and trailers do look sharp. Just need to get rid of that old left over overnite junk equipment.

Zombie

My terminal has a some of the new ups tractors and trailers, But mostly it's old Overnite equipment that looks like they need to be taken to a scrap yard. If you look at the competitors equipment they put Ups Freight to shame.

sppollock

We have newer trailers but old Motor Cargo trucks, they dont run that well and cannot pull a 48 footer very good. Kind of a joke running up a small hill at 20 MPH when you only have 5,000lbs on trailer.

It's been over a year since I started this thread and today I saw another Overnite tractor with a UPS Freight sticker on the door. My God it's been 7 years now. How long does it take to rebrand. UPS FREIGHT drivers will spend their entire career driving Overnite equipment.

Wiggle Wagon

Do the markings on the cab and/or trailer have any effect on your paycheck?

Nope! That's why I don't know why these guys are so worried about it. The only problem I have is with old awful run down equipment that is an embarrassment to the company. Most of these pieces of equipment happen to be Overnite blue and gray. Like this trailer we still use in the city. We still have a few of these left.

scaled.php

psychofork

we have a mix of mtrg and ovnt equipment. sadly, they dont get deadlined nearly as often as the new upgf equipment. seems they are constantly breaking down(tractors) and the new trlrs, look nice, but seem to be very cheaply made. as for a rebrand of all equipment? doubtful. all i see is the equipment that cant pass emissions in cali, towmotors and tractors alike. we are like cali's little brother and only get their hand-me-downs it seems.

hwysailor

Changing the logo is the easy part--changing the mindset has proven to be much more difficult.

Exactly....good point, i work in Memphis and its a mad house sometimes....but it starts in management...they still trying to do things like Overnight.....i'm out of service for 30 days until my background check returns for my haz-mat....i was told that if i had a DUI or Suspended license i could work the dock...but since i lost my H they can't work me.....so the equipment match the management style.... .....CRAPPIE!!!!!... .LOL

browned_out

I agree that the equipment is bad, but is it also policy to not wear a uniform either? I have seen only one driver who actually was wearing a Ups freight uniform. The majority look like they just woke up and slept in their clothes. The lastest was a 53 footer with a Ups tractor, the rig looked great but the driver jumped out in a black tee shirt and shorts. He even had on a fluorescent yard vest (maybe the business requires it).