6 yrs have passed

browned out

All the freight trucks most likely will be painted and rebranded before all the package cars get power steering and shoulder belts. Priorities people..

musicmajor57

I can't speak for that guy, browned_out, but it wouldn't happen at our shop. You would be in the boss's office before you could blink, as it should be. I do know a road driver out of Baton Rouge who had a problem getting the new uniforms and wore a brown T-shirt until the auditor walked in the door one morning and began asking questions. Three weeks later, his manager was out the door; true story.

God bless you and keep you safe.

Just Lurking

I believe that he means that some of our P5 series package cars are still in the system from the early 80's possibly late 70's. They have no power steering and only lap belts for driver safety. Even though safety could be improved for less $100. They just roll along.

It has been over 2 years since I started this thread and the other day I noticed an Overnite tractor pulling a UPS Freight trailer. So now it is 8 years and still not rebranded. What is curious is that the Overnite tractor sure didn't look 8 yrs old!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It has been over 2 years since I started this thread and the other day I noticed an Overnite tractor pulling a UPS Freight trailer. So now it is 8 years and still not rebranded. What is curious is that the Overnite tractor sure didn't look 8 yrs old!
Guess what there's still overnight tractors out there.....I think this thread will go on for another 6 years......lol

From the last insight I had, you are probably correct.
There are much higher priority areas in which they plan to invest their money.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yes about investing but, we don't see any logos on UPS vehicles with a package and string do we? How quick was that logo changed.
Priorities change over time ... one could argue that package cars should have been updated as they needed full body painting.
Another consideration - UPS Freight is hardly the brand name as is UPS.

oldngray

nowhere special
Priorities change over time ... one could argue that package cars should have been updated as they needed full body painting.

My building had a paint booth but they stopped using it. They hauled trucks down to West Virginia for full body paint where labor was cheaper or had a local body shop touch up repair damage.

Then why did we purchase overnite and change the brand name? By the way saw another rather "new" looking overnite tractor pulling a UPS Freight trailer yesterday.

Gideon129

there are still overnite trucks because even the blue 1.5 million mile volvo's are better pulling,more comfortable ,more reliable then the new international junk they are buying.
some drivers at hrs flat out refuse to drive internationals.
its bad when your dropping to low range to climb a small hill in a newer truck when the old volvo's can climb the same hill with heavier boxes at 50+ mph.

It has been six years since UPS acquired Overnite. If your going to pay 1.25 billion for a company, part of that price should have been to change the logos. My god, after six years half that fleet on the road looks like crap. So much for image Scott!

It has been 3 1/2 years since I posted this and what do I see today is what appears to be a "Brand New" Overnite cab pulling a UPS freight trailer! I guess a company's brand does not matter that much to UPS. I always thought they were proud of that UPS logo.