60 hour rule violation?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Management telling us we have to come in Saturday to unload trailers even though we'll be at 60 hours on Friday. Says since we won't be driving those hours don't matter. Is that true?

It is true.

The DOT Hours of Service state that you cannot drive after working 60 hours in the past 7 days.

As long as you are not driving, you can work unlimited hours.

As long as you then have 34 hours off before Monday, you got another 60 hours for the week.

mrbrownstone

What I'm curious about is why the number 34? I wonder how the DOT came up with that number. Why not 48 hours which is an even 2 days?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What I'm curious about is why the number 34? I wonder how the DOT came up with that number. Why not 48 hours which is an even 2 days?
Then you could never work a 6th punch with a 48 hour reset.

If I worked til 6pm on Saturday, I couldn't start working on Monday til 6pm.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I would think the ? would have been your first clue.
IMG_8949.GIF

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would think the ? would have been your first clue.
Gives you one day and your 10 off.

The question may be simple but the Diad training on this very subject is the most difficulty worded exercise.

I'm good at math and I have to run it 4-5 times because the questions are misleading. When a training exercise tells you this should only take 10 minutes, you know damn well some drivers have had to use 20 to get all 10 answers in a row correct.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I told the twilight and preload sups to not even think about asking my guys to work their sorts. They don't have the hours available and I'm not going to get caught with my pants around my ankles because a sort was short. They'll work their full DOT hours during the week. They don't need sort time.
Pants around your ankles.....