60 hour rule violation?

StoptheAct1212

Some of u fools think, who the hell you are...... how much money did u make in those 60 hours, and then ups wants and needs you. And u cry...... you all go to the same gynecologist

bumped

So with that said, come in and make some overtime for Christmas.

I get overtime all year long, and more than I want. I don't want to work on a Saturday much less Christmas Eve Saturday. All year long I have to fight on 9.5 issues, and barely see my kids when I get the 9.49 dispatch. Start times keep getting pushed back seemingly year after year. My kids are young and I can't push back their bed times. I don't care that its peak. Its peak all year long.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I get overtime all year long, and more than I want. I don't want to work on a Saturday much less Christmas Eve Saturday. All year long I have to fight on 9.5 issues, and barely see my kids when I get the 9.49 dispatch. Start times keep getting pushed back seemingly year after year. My kids are young and I can't push back their bed times. I don't care that its peak. Its peak all year long.

You may work overtime all year Bumped, but I bet Boondocker does not (looks like a really small center).

About the 9.5 well.....thats for another thread, get off Brown Cafe and enjoy your family, see you on Saturday.

vvv

Perfectly said!! Customers and people in passing always saying "this must be your busy time".
I'm like "no....it's Christmas 12 months a year".
Soon enough they'll go back to their route cutting and try jamming too much down your throat after the so called busy season. Never ends at the dump.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Perfectly said!! Customers and people in passing always saying "this must be your busy time".
I'm like "no....it's Christmas 12 months a year".
Soon enough they'll go back to their route cutting and try jamming too much down your throat after the so called busy season. Never ends at the dump.
Then leave if you're so miserable.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
The more overtime you have on a paycheck, the higher your tax rate will be. You're actually making less per hour, with overtime included, the longer your week is.

Take a week's net dollar amount. Divide your total deductions (fed, state, FICA, Medicare) by your net total. If your hours were low, (40/45) say on a vacay check, the percentage might be as low as 32%, depending on your particular W4 deductions.

Now, compare that to a 50/55/60 hour check and you'll see that percentage, that goes to taxes etc., climb higher with each OT hour you work. Yes, you'll make more money, but as you do, Uncle Sam is also getting an increasingly higher amount away from you.

So, if your peak check is $200 higher, your taxes are probably increasing by $150 at the same time. Working over 60 hours, just to get kicked harder in the nuts. Screw that :censored2:.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The more overtime you have on a paycheck, the higher your tax rate will be. You're actually making less per hour, with overtime included, the longer your week is.

Take a week's net dollar amount. Divide your total deductions (fed, state, FICA, Medicare) by your net total. If your hours were low, (40/45) say on a vacay check, the percentage might be as low as 32%, depending on your particular W4 deductions.

Now, compare that to a 50/55/60 hour check and you'll see that percentage, that goes to taxes etc., climb higher with each OT hour you work. Yes, you'll make more money, but as you do, Uncle Sam is also getting an increasingly higher amount away from you.

So, if your peak check is $200 higher, your taxes are probably increasing by $150 at the same time. Working over 60 hours, just to get kicked harder in the nuts. Screw that :censored2:.
Put it into 401k and you will not be taxed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have found that anything over 8 hours of OT is basically lost in taxes.