60 hour rule violation?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Your tax rate increases if your income does. Yes, you'll get it back, if you're income doesn't put you through to the next tier. I tracked this closely with a coworker who shunned OT through my career, so I have first hand experience. We had similar deductions and he made almost as much as I did even though I far, far, outstripped him in OT. Maybe 100 hours over a given year.

It's easier to keep money that the taxman doesn't take than it is to get it back.

You can always make more money at UPS, or elsewhere. You can't make more time.

People think the higher tax bracket effects all of your income. The truth is that it will only effect the amount you earn in the higher bracket. If you were both in the 15% bracket which I think goes to roughly $50k, but you make another $5k in OT, the extra $5 Grand would then be taxed at 25%. So the difference in to making $5k more than your coworker would be paying an extra $500 over your regular tax rate.

You can't make more time but as someone earlier posted, the extra taxes you are paying aren't that big of a deal...Especially if you are maxing out your pension options.

Ms.PacMan

Not if you value your family time and your taxes increase to an unreasonable level, over 60 hours.
LISTEN HARD. The hours don't increase your taxes, your annual wages do. Listen hard again - the way you beat this is by putting enough money in your 401k to lower your taxable income.

Ms.PacMan

I really hate this saying , it might be true if you got kids but if you don't you are screwed during the year and when you do your taxes

I pay 9800 in federal last year I got back 1200 so how do you get it back at the end of year ,
Figure of speech - what you pay in reduces what you owe.

Download Inuit's tax caster app and play around with the numbers - you will understand this much better when you can see it.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
LISTEN HARD. The hours don't increase your taxes, your annual wages do. Listen hard again - the way you beat this is by putting enough money in your 401k to lower your taxable income.

I'm not disagreeing with you. If you're 401k is maxed, and your UPS pension is maxed, say 2080 hours, and you're asked to work 70 hours, your annual income is also affected.

As I said earlier, it's all relative if you're trading family time for that extra 10 hours, each peak week. To some, it's a fair trade. To some, there's more to life. Both choices are fine.

By The Book

I'm not disagreeing with you. If you're 401k is maxed, and your UPS pension is maxed, say 2080 hours, and you're asked to work 70 hours, your annual income is also affected.

As I said earlier, it's all relative if you're trading family time for that extra 10 hours, each peak week. To some, it's a fair trade. To some, there's more to life. Both choices are fine.
It sounds like you're not that high on the seniority list. You're right, this place forces a lot of hours on us. Someday you'll have the seniority to not be forced in.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I was 4th from the top when I retired, spring of 2015. I still relate to that portion of workers though.

That's where (and pt'ers) most of the decisions made affect a drivers career. It's easy to get caught up in the big money and neglect family.

As I said, both are fine choices, as long as you know what you're trading.

By The Book

I was 4th from the top when I retired, spring of 2015. I still relate to that portion of workers though.

That's where (and pt'ers) most of the decisions made affect a drivers career. It's easy to get caught up in the big money and neglect family.

As I said, both are fine choices, as long as you know what you're trading.
Wow, I was way off the mark then, happy holidays and retirement.