6th punch

What did SOB get for giving up 6 punch during peak?

• Nothing

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Something

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Something for himself

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

JustDeliverIt

Hopefully when the next contract is negotiated the date will change to Aug 1 2024 and then moves up 5 years every contract after that. Just because someone wasn't an RPCD before that date doesn't mean they should work tues-sat the rest of their career.

I believe they did it for the current drivers that were FT before the last contract implemented 22.4’s. 22.4 was intended as a flex/weekend position. By making anyone who was hired as a 22.4 they now get all the same RPCD protection but start as the weekend staffing.

As guys retire, at least in my building, Tues-Sat drivers will get the chance to bid Mon-Fri routes. I don’t think they will need to change the language, it will happen naturally as veteran RPCD’s retire.

10:30 resi

I believe they did it for the current drivers that were FT before the last contract implemented 22.4’s. 22.4 was intended as a flex/weekend position. By making anyone who was hired as a 22.4 they now get all the same RPCD protection but start as the weekend staffing.

As guys retire, at least in my building, Tues-Sat drivers will get the chance to bid Mon-Fri routes. I don’t think they will need to change the language, it will happen naturally as veteran RPCD’s retire.
We know the company wants to move more and more work to Saturday. With the elimination of 22.4 there is no 25% rule anymore. When a m-friend driver retires there is nothing stopping the company from putting their route up for bid as a tues-sat route. Moving the date up every contract is a check on that power to make it so the amount of m-friend spots available stays the same or close to it.

some1else

Banned
Hopefully when the next contract is negotiated the date will change to Aug 1 2024 and then moves up 5 years every contract after that. Just because someone wasn't an RPCD before that date doesn't mean they should work tues-sat the rest of their career.
Everyone do one word of the sentence
“You…”

some1else

Banned
We know the company wants to move more and more work to Saturday. With the elimination of 22.4 there is no 25% rule anymore. When a m-friend driver retires there is nothing stopping the company from putting their route up for bid as a tues-sat route. Moving the date up every contract is a check on that power to make it so the amount of m-friend spots available stays the same or close to it.
I’ve been telling y’all there is nothing to keep them from posting the senior drivers route as Tuesday-Saturday this bid if he dosnt retire. It says he can’t be forced Saturday. There is no requirement for them to make the route he wants to bid Monday to Friday b. If you bid a route listed as Tuesday to Saturday you aren’t being forced you are volunteering.
I’m not supporting this I think it as a huge oversight in the language.

Brown Down

I’ve been telling y’all there is nothing to keep them from posting the senior drivers route as Tuesday-Saturday this bid if he dosnt retire. It says he can’t be forced Saturday. There is no requirement for them to make the route he wants to bid Monday to Friday b. If you bid a route listed as Tuesday to Saturday you aren’t being forced you are volunteering.
I’m not supporting this I think it as a huge oversight in the language.
My only question with this is they would setill need Monday drivers. So some people would still need to do Monday to Friday as things currently sit. As for bids if they do what you say in here it would most likely have to go to panel to get clarification. And it would be hard for the company to explain why a 30 year vets route that he has ran from 20 plus years is now changed. It could be constued as harassment.
I do think it needs addressed sooner than later before problems do arise.

JustDeliverIt

Like @Brown Down said, still need Monday drivers. Here, Monday is one of the biggest pick up volume day. Routes will always have to be available Mondays.

If they want to manipulate the routes that move Tues-Sat, you’re correct. As guys retire they can change things but at the same time they still need Monday routes so there will still be a good amount going out to bid.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Like @Brown Down said, still need Monday drivers. Here, Monday is one of the biggest pick up volume day. Routes will always have to be available Mondays.

If they want to manipulate the routes that move Tues-Sat, you’re correct. As guys retire they can change things but at the same time they still need Monday routes so there will still be a good amount going out to bid.
What happens when they start delivering on Sundays…the company has already said this is a possibility down the road. Feeder dept is already set up for this type of schedule.

some1else

Banned

Yes but are there enough Monday routes for all the pre 2019 drivers in your center? IF there are not do you think the company will be nice and put more Monday to Friday routes up for bid then they need?

JustDeliverIt

What happens when they start delivering on Sundays…the company has already said this is a possibility down the road. Feeder dept is already set up for this type of schedule.

Sunday’s will open up another an of works if they get to that point. Maybe language for pre 2024 RPCD’s can’t work Sunday? Not sure what it will look like, have to deal with it when it happens.