7 AM start time Monday for my route

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I checked my start time for Monday and the boneheads pushed it back to 915. Are they flipping kidding me!!!! It's a ballet of idiocy this peak. Thursday I had a helper and was out til 9:00 and Friday I had 5 less stops and they decided I didn't need one.

pjhnsn

Our driver start time is suppose to be 930. Monday we got out at almost 1100. Air was already late lol. I got in at 11pm and their were still 3 drivers still out. The rest of the week got a little better but not great. Late starts can really mess your day up.

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why not jack up the start time? Half the guys will move lunch or not take it all all in order to get the pick ups in.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
5:20 start time. Driver sort. The amount of volume coming in and going out of our center is PHENOMENAL.

Future

Victory Ride
Why not jack up the start time? Half the guys will move lunch or not take it all all in order to get the pick ups in.
How about the jackwagons that take there lunch in the building at the end of the day?My rule is keep those pickup pieces out on the road and starve the hub as late as you can!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How about the jackwagons that take there lunch in the building at the end of the day?My rule is keep those pickup pieces out on the road and starve the hub as late as you can!

What if those jackwagons got back to the bldg. at the cut-off time and then took their lunch?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What if those jackwagons got back to the bldg. at the cut-off time and then took their lunch?
Not understanding what you are saying here.

Our center has a cutoff time for air (1930) and ground (2000) pickup pieces in order to make the plane/pull. Could it be that the jackwagons barely made it back to the bldg. by their cutoff time and then took their lunch?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Our center has a cutoff time for air (1930) and ground (2000) pickup pieces in order to make the plane/pull. Could it be that the jackwagons barely made it back to the bldg. by their cutoff time and then took their lunch?

If they give you so much work where as you need to skip lunch on the road to make it back in with the pieces, then make them come and relieve you of said pieces.

They want the pickups back by 730, well guess what, I'd like to be on my way home by 730. We all don't LOVE crazy, excessive overtime.

cino321

Lol I was riding around last night with over 300 pieces of pick up volume, 50+ air. IDK what happened to it. I had a inside building time of 2100 and a punch out time of 2137 lol.

pjhnsn

Our air pick ups have to be in by 7 and ground by 9. We leave the building at 930 at the earliest. Not able to leave any earlier because the preloaders are waiting on the feeders to get here.

Sent from my XT1056 using BrownCafe mobile app

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If they give you so much work where as you need to skip lunch on the road to make it back in with the pieces, then make them come and relieve you of said pieces.

They want the pickups back by 730, well guess what, I'd like to be on my way home by 730. We all don't LOVE crazy, excessive overtime.

What we usually do is dump and go back out.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Last week, preload wasn't finishing. I've never seen so many pallets, chutes, rollers full of boxes left over. This morning (saturday), preload had an "emergency" shift and I was offered to stay until 7am. Politely declined after 11hrs worked.
On-topic, I've heard many drivers saying they are starting at 7:15 and 7:30 Monday, as the preload apparently is scheduled to wrap up early.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Suppose they do get on road at 7:15-----how many businesses are open at 7:15am? We are starting at 8am and I know I will have to come back to a couple of stops as they will not be open when I first go through (Gamestop).