70 HOS exemption for vehicles under 10k LBS

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm roaming around in the car while waiting to go to Argentina. It was this or sit at home while they did their call center work at home and I had to be quiet from 0730 to 1900. I paid my wife's car off $400 a month while traveling in the former Soviet Union and Colombia and Mexico. The house will be paid off while I'll be living fine in Argentina. A decent apartment, world's best beef, amazing scenery. It'll be rough. You run wild with your theories. I only brought up what I'm paying to show I made a commitment and my promise means much more to me than money. I'm not thrilled about everything my wife does but then when she married me she thought I would give up on all my plans and do what she wants. She's realized that's not happening and everything we're doing is a compromise. When it comes to money I only care about meeting my obligations, not having the best of everything. As far as paying those bills, my idea, not her suggestion, and she was surprised I'm willing to do all of that. To put it into context when the disciples were arguing who was the greatest amongst them Jesus got down on his knees and started washing their feet. I'm not Jesus, but as a Christian I'm supposed to emulate him. When you live to serve instead of putting yourself first it changes your perspective. But those that are greedy, and say it's ok to lie to people to get them to work for less than promised, will also have to face the Lord someday. Hope they figure it out before then.

The more you explain things, the sillier you sound.

59 Dano

When you get a brochure every year saying the pension is part of your compensation, this is what you've accrued so far, and this is what they project you'll get if you stay this many years, then yes, they made a promise.

"Well they didn't really promise but they had this brochure and I'm a sucker for brochures..."

falcon back

When you get a brochure every year saying the pension is part of your compensation, this is what you've accrued so far, and this is what they project you'll get if you stay this many years, then yes, they made a promise.
Key word. Just like when the raised the age for a person to get SS.
I imagine the benefits of 1978 were way different than those of 2020. New shoes every 6 months back then, ONLY 1 per year now and only certain jobs. Jump seats, better death benefits back then than now. 15% discount on ESOP then, none now that I know off. Name 1 company that has been around since 73 that has NOT curtailed benefits. UPS, The big 3 automakers are strong union jobs and their benefits have been reduced. Fedex is no different.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I imagine the benefits of 1978 were way different than those of 2020. New shoes every 6 months back then, ONLY 1 per year now and only certain jobs. Jump seats, better death benefits back then than now. 15% discount on ESOP then, none now that I know off. Name 1 company that has been around since 73 that has NOT curtailed benefits. UPS, The big 3 automakers are strong union jobs and their benefits have been reduced. Fedex is no different.
You forgot $5 discount coupons to Splash-Splash Water Park.

vantexan

None of those benefits go with you when you retire. None of those benefits are put out in front of you as increasing the longer you stay, a goal to work towards. They could have handled it better. You don't go up to someone who is really counting on that pension and has put in 15+ years towards it, is already in their 40's, and just shrug and say oh well, things happen. Then gleefully get quoted in the Wall Street Journal talking about restructuring for better profits. One year Fred said in the monthly bulletin back in the 90's after we had gone several years without a raise that if he gave a 2% across the board raise it would cost the company an extra $30 million a year! About a week later they announced they had achieved $250 million in profits in one quarter. One quarter but couldn't afford $30 million a year! Taking care of employees hasn't been a priority for a long time.

vantexan

You said they made projections and you interpreted them as promises.
I said actuaries figured all this stuff out years in advance but FedEx got some consultant in most likely who told them the quickest way to get cash for Ground infrastructure was to hold down pay and get rid of the pension.

59 Dano

I said actuaries figured all this stuff out years in advance but FedEx got some consultant in most likely who told them the quickest way to get cash for Ground infrastructure was to hold down pay and get rid of the pension.

That's cute.

floridays

I didn't have to be there. I don't have to make up things. You admit that no promises were made, therefore no promises were broken.
What is this purple promise
bsbullf.gif
you clowns parade around.

Before you get giddy, I know there is no promise, from either side.

That said, Why the silly game, why the wasted money to promote something that doe not exist?

vantexan

LOL, neither were you and neither do you.
Was with the company much longer than you although I PROJECT you will compete with FalconettiBack for the longest serving employee. I do know what happened to us, experienced it, and you dismiss it as no big deal. Do you live in the same low rent white trash neighborhood as OldFart?

59 Dano

Was with the company much longer than you although I PROJECT you will compete with FalconettiBack for the longest serving employee. I do know what happened to us, experienced it, and you dismiss it as no big deal.

It's not a big deal to anyone else.

Do you live in the same low rent white trash neighborhood as OldFart?

It's a quiet neighborhood full of nice, decent, people who work hard for what they have. You wouldn't fit in.

vantexan

It's not a big deal to anyone else.

It's a quiet neighborhood full of nice, decent, people who work hard for what they have. You wouldn't fit in.
What is your estimate of the hundreds of thousands who've worked for FedEx that think it's no big deal? Exact numbers now, get digging!