70 HOS exemption for vehicles under 10k LBS

Nolimitz

I'm driving all over the West. But no one in a car lives out in the boonies very long.
ever heard of a tent and air mattress? You are in some of the most pristine areas of the country and sleeping in a freaking parking lot. Dumb or just plain crazy.

Nolimitz

BTW in my early 20's I spent an entire summer travelling the US from NY to Fl, Tx NM, AZ, CA, ID and east back home in a Fiat 128 camping with two other guys. Only one night was spent in a parking lot about 300 mile from home after the poor little engine blew up. My friends dad came and towed us home the next day. Also did the NY to Id trip on a motorcycle twice again never slept in a parking lot

Dirty hippy that I was.

vantexan

BTW in my early 20's I spent an entire summer travelling the US from NY to Fl, Tx NM, AZ, CA, ID and east back home in a Fiat 128 camping with two other guys. Only one night was spent in a parking lot about 300 mile from home after the poor little engine blew up. My friends dad came and towed us home the next day. Also did the NY to Id trip on a motorcycle twice again never slept in a parking lot

Dirty hippy that I was.
I was domiciled in rural locations in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas. I've been in extremely remote areas on the job. At this point I'd rather have good internet, access to restaurants, and places to clean up. I've been curious about these small cities for a long time. Two weeks in each gives me an idea about where I might end up in my 70's. Doing what you're talking about is fine, but I'd rather do that with my wife in a small rv someday. You were in your early 20's, I'm in my late 50's.