70 hours

Dr.Brownz

Drivers who were approaching the 60 hour limit were all ready to head back and then the 70 hour rule was announced via Diad earlier this afternoon at our building in Jersey. Anyone in local 177 know if over 60hrs is double time? Our center manager said it was time and half for over 60.

Your (((center manager))) is a liar

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Your (((center manager))) is a liar

As I mentioned in another post, my feeder department is sometimes approved for 70 but doesn't change the system to reflect that. A supervisor told me they do this to keep the people who milk the clock under 60.

I'm guessing most of these places are approved for 70 but their local management is hoping they can keep their employees under 60. when they realize they're too far behind they switch it to 70 at the last minute.

I think the union should have to have at least 48 hours written notice before they can change this. That would force the company to stop playing games and implementing this at the last minute... It's not like emergency conditions can sneak up on them.

take your time

That's not a minor DOT infraction.
Come on , you know better than this.

What would happen if you got a pedestrian in the crosswalk being way over your DOT hours?
You would be toast.

This. This x100. The other driver would be let off without a scratch, you would be toast. All because you didn't have the guts to tell the driver to slow down.

Whither

Scofflaw
Please do. I'll see my BA tomorrow I'll be sure to ask him also. Curious how their answers will differ.

My BA takes the Art 26.5 "red-circled" language to mean all RPCDs. Said under the 60/7 rule we are not protected against forced 6th punches even if we have 52.01 or more hrs logged.

Told me to expect the 70 hr rule this week.

542thruNthru

My BA takes the Art 26.5 "red-circled" language to mean all RPCDs. Said under the 60/7 rule we are not protected against forced 6th punches even if we have 52.01 or more hrs logged.

Told me to expect the 70 hr rule this week.

So your BA took it to mean what I thought it meant.

Funny how mine took it to mean something different, though he did say he would reach out for clarification.

He took it to mean RPCDs on a T-S schedule couldn't be made to work over 60 unless they had 8 hours or more left.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Funny how mine took it to mean something different, though he did say he would reach out for clarification.

He took it to mean RPCDs on a T-S schedule couldn't be made to work over 60 unless they had 8 hours or more left.

Was it an oversight, or did the negotiators mean what it says?

Article 26 Section 5

No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b) will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours
unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available.

In Article 22.4(b), the only RPCD's referred to as being red-circled are those with a T-S job.

Did they mean all RPCD's.
Did they mean protected RPCD's.

Or did they mean what it says, red-circled RPCD's with a T-S job?

Whither

Scofflaw

I caught my BA on the phone after 7p, but for a specific question like this one it seems more appropriate to meet in a judge's chambers wearing robes and powdered wigs with the contract scrolls lying on the table.

Whither

Scofflaw
Was it an oversight, or did the negotiators mean what it says?

Article 26 Section 5

No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b) will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours
unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available.

In Article 22.4(b), the only RPCD's referred to as being red-circled are those with a T-S job.

Did they mean all RPCD's.
Did they mean protected RPCD's.

Or did they mean what it says, red-circled RPCD's with a T-S job?

Exactly haha. 3 different locals, 3 different answers so far.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
I got lucky , they didn’t want me to be a helper for 8 hrs double time... DEMAND YOUR 8 on Saturday they will think twice before bringing you in.

i demanded my 8 last saturday, until i was threatened with Job abandonment. theubtold me AND THE ENTIRE HUB that we all had a miraculous 6.5 extra hours avaiable.

heres my problem. in the HOS diad teaining, it never omce mentions that unpaid breaks/paid breaks, which count toward your daily hours, DO NOT count towords your total 60/70. ive read and reread the HOS laws and literally cant find a single mention of any "breaks" not counting. all i see is Unpaid time off in a punch does not extend the 14hr rule. so there for it shouldnt extend the 60/70 rule. thats my interpretation.

i think there needs to be a grievance on this completely disingeuos practice and lack of ACTUAL clarity.

after all were told to keep track of our hours. and they NEVER seem to line up with what the conpany says you have left.

i may call fatigued in the middle of the work week.
screw them

Last edited:

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
...as a driver.....he/she can work up to an additional 10 hours as a helper...

Hope this helps you.

show me the lone in the contract that says they can force you in.

article 26 says they can not be forced IN. IN = reporing, for any type of work.

also GO AWAY YOU RETIRED SHILL. NO ONE CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I know lawyers from both sides try to leave things ambiguous, but I can't think of a single reason the teamsters lawyers wouldn't force this language to be specific.

Unless they're going to side with the company as another concession, and wanted this to be vague so they could entice more people to vote Yes or not vote at all.

it doesn't make me happy to think I pay over $1,000 a year for this :censored2: show...

Best contract ever!!!

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
1. The driver is relieved of all duty and responsibility for the care and custody of the vehicle, its accessories, and any cargo or passengers it may be carrying.

2. During the stop, and for the duration of the stop, the driver must be at liberty to pursue activities of his/her own choosing.

I believe the only people this doesn't count poor are some hazmat drivers, they can't leave a vehicle unattended or out of sight.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know lawyers from both sides try to leave things ambiguous, but I can't think of a single reason the teamsters lawyers wouldn't force this language to be specific.

Unless they're going to side with the company as another concession, and wanted this to be vague so they could entice more people to vote Yes or not vote at all.

it doesn't make me happy to think I pay over $1,000 a year for this :censored2: show...

Best contract ever!!!

...and the kicker is you can no longer deduct that $1K+/yr off of your taxes...

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
A9373945-F2E8-4141-8993-BABDE67164CC.jpeg

@MECH-lift WINS