70 hours

Whither

Scofflaw
Article 26 clearly states that any RPCD that has less than 8 hours available cannot be forced to work a 6th punch

I've read Art 26.5 several times the last week. As I was discussing elsewhere in a thread with @542thruNthru, it seems like the language primarily addresses situations where the 70 hr rule applies. I would love to believe it does, but I'm not sure that the language prevents getting forced into a non-driving 6th punch even if a driver has less than 8 hours available. Do you have the local's backing on this interpretation? And success in using it? I will call my BA tomorrow about this sentence, which seems to be the key: "No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b) will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available."

I've read Art 26.5 several times the last week. As I was discussing elsewhere in a thread with @542thruNthru, it seems like the language primarily addresses situations where the 70 hr rule applies. I would love to believe it does, but I'm not sure that the language prevents getting forced into a non-driving 6th punch even if a driver has less than 8 hours available. Do you have the local's backing on this interpretation? And success in using it? I will call my BA tomorrow about this sentence, which seems to be the key: "No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b) will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available."
Already had this discussion with the center manager on Friday when he wanted to force somebody in that didn't have enough hours available.

Guess what. That driver didn't have to work on Saturday

You've mentioned this before, please cite the contractual backing for it.
IMG_20191208_182840359.jpg

Whither

Scofflaw
https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/sites/fmcsa.dot.gov/files/docs/Drivers_Guide_to_HOS_2016.pdf

Scroll down to pages 5 and 6-----14 and 11 hour driving windows/limits.

So I get this is a summary, but what I gather is only the first 2 hours spent as a helper don't count against DOT hours. So, for example: I logged ~55 hours driving last week. Which means @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U's interpretation of Art 26.5 would be correct. We were not approved for 70, I had less than 8 hours available for Sat, and per Art 26.5 I could not be forced to work a 6th punch.