705 and 710 forced to accept contract.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I seem to recall a few people on here say beards aren't a contact issue, I think this shows otherwise

Beards aren't a contractual issue, they are a company policy.

Trying to make it a contractual issue means the Union would lose something

as a result. Besides, how many people have skin conditions now.... ?

The Union fighting for better clothing to protect against the elements is a contractual issue.

The thing I find funny about the hoodies, there is a 35 year old decision

in the Central region that allows it. In my Local.... the company has handed out

brown hoodies with the UPS logo on them.

cachmeifucan

Yes with Illinois about to receive a progressive income tax. No full-time employees will see raise after tax hike. They know it's coming. No 22.3 jobs. 22.4 creates more bs for ups to manipulate. They take day after Thanksgiving from double pay and holiday to straight pay. To many give backs. Our pension still pays the same at 100 per full time year.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Serious question. If we vote no and we reach all thresholds. Then what kind of power does national have. Not interested in opinions just the facts
upload_2018-11-17_9-14-21.png

Carte blanche to do whatever the hell they want.

cachmeifucan

Well then might as well not have a union and we had no strike vote so it's not last and final IL be pushing the vote no hard.and national didn't meet the thresholds. What if we vote no at over 75% . And we meet any 50 % total then we shall see. I been waiting for something to vote on it horrible. Vote nada

babboo25

Banned
Is it that hard to put it on once on road? Then take it off driving in? I wear a hoodie everyday. I also wear brown socks to PCM then take them off for something more comfortable at my first stop. This ain’t rocket science is it?
Has anyone said that doesn’t happen everywhere? Hoodies have been allowed for a coupe years now, it’s nothing new.

babboo25

Banned
Well then might as well not have a union and we had no strike vote so it's not last and final IL be pushing the vote no hard.and national didn't meet the thresholds. What if we vote no at over 75% . And we meet any 50 % total then we shall see. I been waiting for something to vote on it horrible. Vote nada
What exactly do you think is so bad in 705 contract? You will never get rich working for someone so deal with it dude.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
upload_2018-11-17_9-28-58.png

Every offer taken to the membership is a "final offer".

cachmeifucan

What exactly do you think is so bad in 705 contract? You will never get rich working for someone so deal with it dude.
.70 isn't a raise if state income tax is going up and inflation is 3% approximately. Our area has high property taxes and cost of living is very high here. Compare to most areas. No 22.3 jobs. Many part timers been waiting now that dream is crushed. They created 22.3 20 years ago now they gone. My pension still pays 100 per full time year. That hasn't changed in almost 30 years

babboo25

Banned
.70 isn't a raise if state income tax is going up and inflation is 3% approximately. Our area has high property taxes and cost of living is very high here. Compare to most areas. No 22.3 jobs. Many part timers been waiting now that dream is crushed. They created 22.3 20 years ago now they gone. My pension still pays 100 per full time year. That hasn't changed in almost 30 years
Then MOVE!!! It’s not UPS problem that you have high taxes, high cost of living, get off brown cafe and further your education!!!

710 steward

Nobody asked for your advice, let the members make their own decisions.

Baboon,

This contract does not help with your retirement in any way. It barely addresses the contractor issue. It allows for hybrid drivers.(which was voted down by the international). I realize you are weak and fearful(your words) but this is a :censored2: contract. If non union life is better for you go apply at Fed Ex. You’ll never worry about a strike there.

710 steward

Yes with Illinois about to receive a progressive income tax. No full-time employees will see raise after tax hike. They know it's coming. No 22.3 jobs. 22.4 creates more bs for ups to manipulate. They take day after Thanksgiving from double pay and holiday to straight pay. To many give backs. Our pension still pays the same at 100 per full time year.

Well said Cach

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Is it that hard to put it on once on road? Then take it off driving in? I wear a hoodie everyday. I also wear brown socks to PCM then take them off for something more comfortable at my first stop. This ain’t rocket science is it?

Kind of like "out of sight, out of mind".

As far as socks, you can only be forced to wear UPS branded socks with the shorts.

It's like them saying tee shirts can only be white or brown.

Not in the Central Region....