705 and 710 forced to accept contract.

F

Frankie's Friend

I’m still confused why people want 22.3 two-tier jobs, but hate 22.4 two-tier jobs???
We've discussed this since August.
You realize that:
Screenshot_20181007-213208_Chrome.jpg

JustDeliverIt

I’m still confused why people want 22.3 two-tier jobs, but hate 22.4 two-tier jobs???

22.3 is a way for PTers to go FT without having to drive. The 22.4 "combo" job, who will almost never see the inside of a building since it is cheaper to have them deliver than a top rate driver, now count towards the creation of FT jobs promised in the contract. It makes it a lot tougher to get FT if driving isn't an option for some people. Never mind the other downfalls of 22.4 that have been beaten to death the last few months here. Quick search here will give you all of those answers if you want to look them up.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
@DriveInDriveOut and I hashed this out. If you look at subsection (b) it pretty clearly lays out the steps for renegotiating after a contract is voted down by a majority of voters, "final offer" or not.

What do you mean "final offers" or not?

Yes, subsection b) is for offers and subsection d) is for final offers.

Black and white.

The issue is whether it was a final offer or not.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
22.3 is a way for PTers to go FT without having to drive. The 22.4 "combo" job, who will almost never see the inside of a building since it is cheaper to have them deliver than a top rate driver, now count towards the creation of FT jobs promised in the contract. It makes it a lot tougher to get FT if driving isn't an option for some people. Never mind the other downfalls of 22.4 that have been beaten to death the last few months here. Quick search here will give you all of those answers if you want to look them up.

We never had full-time jobs, or very few, without driving in the past.

And not every center has 22.3 jobs, so I really am not concerned about these part-timers that want a full-time job but don't want to drive.

Someone who can't drive is a different story, but there aren't many of those.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We never had full-time jobs, or very few, without driving in the past.

And not every center has 22.3 jobs, so I really am not concerned about these part-timers that want a full-time job but don't want to drive.

Someone who can't drive is a different story, but there aren't many of those.
Once upon a time, we never had part-time workers either????
Now it's 65%...

We should be very concerned with maintaining and expanding the 22.3 worker ranks at UPS.
After all, we all know many co-workers who were able to use these positions to make it to retirement.

Who knows, the next one could be you....or me???