705 and 710 forced to accept contract.

babboo25

Banned
Baboon,

This contract does not help with your retirement in any way. It barely addresses the contractor issue. It allows for hybrid drivers.(which was voted down by the international). I realize you are weak and fearful(your words) but this is a :censored2: contract. If non union life is better for you go apply at Fed Ex. You’ll never worry about a strike there.
blah blah blah, so what if I’m fearful of a strike, just being honest. 710 isn’t raising the pension no matter what increase they can get. How about selling the $3.5 million dollar union hall that has a $300,000 bar. So much waste in 710, maybe focus on that instead of asking more from UPS. UPS isn’t budging on hybrid drivers. Game over

ski or die

Ski or Die
Over the last 4 years, 710's funding has decreased to 81% for this year. Going down at the rate of 1 to 2% per year. When it drops below 80%, it is in the endangered status. Higher company contributions will help increase funding percentage. Does not make sense to increase pension rate and force it into a status like Central States. If you have x amount in your bank, you wouldn't increase your spending each year, you would learn to budget so you could live comfortably during your retirement.

babboo25

Banned
Over the last 4 years, 710's funding has decreased to 81% for this year. Going down at the rate of 1 to 2% per year. When it drops below 80%, it is in the endangered status. Higher company contributions will help increase funding percentage. Does not make sense to increase pension rate and force it into a status like Central States. If you have x amount in your bank, you wouldn't increase your spending each year, you would learn to budget so you could live comfortably during your retirement.
Sell the union hall

710 steward

But you gave me a beer charm!! I’m so confused!

You need one.

The pension department owns the hall. The local rents from the pension department. The rent is paid with dues money. That money pays salaries, real estate taxes, etc. If there is any money left over it benefits your pension. Baboon, you are an idiot. Selling the hall will not benefit the fund one bit. In addition the hall has restructured rent and it is now cheaper to operate out of that building.

Our 710 union hall has zero to do with this contract. The fact remains is you haven’t given shred of facts in any of your post to support what is good about the tentative proposal. The only thing you’ve admitted that was factual is you are weak and fear a strike. This company was zhitting through a screen afraid of a work stoppage before the handshake. Voting yes for less than last contract because you’re afraid is exactly what this company wants. Especially after six billion in profits last year alone.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Increased company contributions is gonna be a drop in the bucket when the market takes another dive.

babboo25

Banned
You need one.

The pension department owns the hall. The local rents from the pension department. The rent is paid with dues money. That money pays salaries, real estate taxes, etc. If there is any money left over it benefits your pension. Baboon, you are an idiot. Selling the hall will not benefit the fund one bit. In addition the hall has restructured rent and it is now cheaper to operate out of that building.

Our 710 union hall has zero to do with this contract. The fact remains is you haven’t given shred of facts in any of your post to support what is good about the tentative proposal. The only thing you’ve admitted that was factual is you are weak and fear a strike. This company was zhitting through a screen afraid of a work stoppage before the handshake. Voting yes for less than last contract because you’re afraid is exactly what this company wants. Especially after six billion in profits last year alone.
Baboon is so clever, thanks for calling me an idiot for having a different opinion. We can make this personal if you want, up to you. So tired of hearing what the company made last year, majority of the drivers at my building made over $100k last year, we have a great benefits pkg, including vacations, guys like you push the no vote because you hate UPS. I see nothing in this contract that I will vote no on.

I never said the hall had anything to do with this contract. Was referring to the horrible pension that’s becoming close to endangered status. Why do we need the hall? For the office space for teamcare? I’m sure Real estate taxes are outrageous. It’s a total waste of money, do we need a fully stocked bar that cost $300,000 to build? Do our BAs need brand new Ford Explorers? Keep calling me an idiot if that makes you feel better.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
They're not.

No it doesn't.

The Union fighting for better clothing to protect against the elements is a contractual issue.

Beards are not.
To be fair. Beards would help against the harsh winter winds on the face.
Personally I’m not good wearing a ski-mask in a bank to make a delivery. You feel me?

F

Frankie's Friend

Kind of like "out of sight, out of mind".

As far as socks, you can only be forced to wear UPS branded socks with the shorts.

It's like them saying tee shirts can only be white or brown.

Not in the Central Region....
They told us that the other day...again.

White or brown under clothing that shows only.