705 and 710 forced to accept contract.

IGotARock

Look what happened at UPS freight.

They talked a good game.... until the company emptied the system of freight.

And then, it was like "Oh :censored2:" we might be on strike.

Vote yes !

(which they did)

Negotiating for scraps ?

Hate to tell you;

I talked with full time driver's.... that had no clue.... that the contact was up

for vote, and what the issues were. Some people come to work, and go home.

You can't blame it all, on the part-timers.

And, if you have ever been to a vote count....

Just look at all the returned ballots from bad addresses.

-Bug-
Sweet strawman argument, BiGunionGuy. That was kind of like the "NOT ALL GUYS" my "really nice" friend ejaculates every time a woman complains about men in his presence.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Taken directly from the 710 website.

Your contract passed by 66.57% with 41.8% of the eligible members voting. Your contract is in effect from August 1, 2018 through July 31, 2023. Monetary improvements are retroactive to August 1, 2018, and members will receive backpay in a timely fashion.
As a former a President once said "depends on the meaning of the word". Timely to the company may mean by the next contract.

cachmeifucan

If it passes in 705 I was told once we got the raises it would be 60 days out and if it passes later this month Ifor imagine that we would get raise within a month. And at roughly 28$ dollars a week multiplied by 26 weeks minus the taxes I'm left with 500- 700. What could I buy
Amd

I would HOPE it would be sooner than August. Daddy got bills to catch up on.
Within 60 days of your raise. Have 710 guys saw the raise on the checks yet?

cachmeifucan

I expect 705 will pass with a slimmer margin then 710 and be closer to 50% but not over. Oh well ignorance is still bliss I guess. This contract definitely doesn't benefit 50 percent of the membership in my eyes

IGotARock

If it passes in 705 I was told once we got the raises it would be 60 days out and if it passes later this month Ifor imagine that we would get raise within a month. And at roughly 28$ dollars a week multiplied by 26 weeks minus the taxes I'm left with 500- 700. What could I buy

Within 60 days of your raise. Have 710 guys saw the raise on the checks yet?
No, the 710 guys have not. We just counted our votes a week ago.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And you believe that? I asked the BA. We will see...

Check with your BA again.

& months for a back pay check is ridiculous.

If I was the Local 710 PO, I would give them 60 days tops and then file a mass penalty pay grievance, or at least threaten to file one to get the ball moving.

This is more like it, not 7 months.

If it passes in 705 I was told once we got the raises it would be 60 days out

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
As a former a President once said "depends on the meaning of the word". Timely to the company may mean by the next contract.

In the contract, at least for us to file a grievance on something, beyond 5 working days is considered untimely.

We will see.

I know they will say it takes them time to calculate everybody's hours, and that's why I say to give them 2-4 weeks, but 7 months would be ridiculous.

WorkingAsDirected

Part timers won’t ever care enough to vote in any significant numbers.

Why should most part timers care enough to vote? With making $10 an hour most P/T do not intend to stay with UPS very long so why would they care about the contract? Full timers reap all the benefits which is subsidized by the P/T and then point the finger at the $10 an hour guy and say he doesn't care about the union. Well it looks like the union doesn't care about P/T...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why should most part timers care enough to vote? With making $10 an hour most P/T do not intend to stay with UPS very long so why would they care about the contract? Full timers reap all the benefits which is subsidized by the P/T and then point the finger at the $10 an hour guy and say he doesn't care about the union. Well it looks like the union doesn't care about P/T...
1) I never said they SHOULD

2) they got in that predicament by not voting.

So chicken and egg deal

IGotARock

"It wasn't just the part-timers. It was the full-timers too."

Who said that wouldn't be the case? But when the part-timers have so little to gain from voting, why would they vote? Provide a proper answer to that, and then we can proceed from there.

They have very little invested in this job. It might be their second job. Or maybe they're in school. Or maybe they don't have any ambition. There are a lot of reasons a person would take a part time job, both legitimate and nonsensical.

Explain to me how much they should care.

IGotARock

Reliable source: 710 is currently making the new rate, and will see it on their next check.

Retro checks March 1st.

I feel like I'm breaking news here. This is good.