705 and 710 forced to accept contract.

cachmeifucan

Who across the country wants 705 or 710 to vote it down and take a stand. And would it be even if 50% voted would it have to be by a two thirds margin?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Who across the country wants 705 or 710 to vote it down and take a stand. And would it be even if 50% voted would it have to be by a two thirds margin?

You guys do what you have to do, but you'll be on your own.

You won't get any backing from the rest of the country.

They don't care, and the ones that do, actually hate that you already have it better than everyone else

You usually get what's in the National Master plus some perks.

More time off, better bidding, vacation paid at a higher rate......

There are those that would love to see you guys kicked down a notch and thrown in the National Master.

Be careful what you wish for, because you may just get it.

And the 50% clause, well, your locals are still bound by the IBT Constitution and the power of the General President, so we may find out shortly.

542thruNthru

Over 50% majority rule, under 50% needs 2/3s.

90% of the rest of the country has no idea you're not part of the National. You need to focus on yourselves.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
They will never, and should never, let a minority of the membership decide for the entire membership.
The issue is not allowing a minority of the membership (1/5) to pass a contract that our elected officials negotiated and recommended.
meant to say the issue is not about allowing a minority (1/5) of the membership to reject a contract that our elected officials negotiated and recommended.

I pulled out the urban dictionary looking up the term, "union whore" and to my surprise there was your picture!

Yeah, that was a lie.....I was not surprised at all. Get back to us after you have wiped that D.T, Jr. brown crap off your nose!

Thank TDU for that.... and the late (great) Ron Carey.
They are the ones who compromised, on that being put into the IBT Constitution.

At this point I am pretty sure you have sold both your mother and sister trying to blame anyone and everyone else for what the IBT has done to it's UPS members!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I pulled out the urban dictionary looking up the term, "union whore" and to my surprise there was your picture!

Looked up scab and saw yours.

At least I support our Union...as a whole.

Was never a Hoffa fan. I already did it once, I posted all my negative comments about Hoffa. Look it up. I pushed to have him voted out.

Yeah, that was a lie...

What was a lie?

Get back to us after you have wiped that D.T, Jr. brown crap off your nose

Again, I was never a Hoffa fan, but I will defend the IBT Constitution to the end, for better or worse.

Just like the contract, I will enforce it for better or worse.

If you don't like it, step up and get it changed.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
At this point I am pretty sure you have sold both your mother and sister trying to blame anyone and everyone else for what the IBT has done to it's UPS members!

I know rhis was not directed at me, but what has the IBT done to its UPS members?

We were the ones complaining about the long hours and working Saturdays.

We asked the IBT to fix this in the contract.

OK, about 20% of the membership told Hoffa they didn't like the fix the National Negotiating Committee came up with.

So you wanted the Union to scrap the contract because 20% of the membership told Hoffa they didn't want it?

Remember, be careful what you wish for, because you may just get it.

2Down2Many2Go

They don't care, and the ones that do, actually hate that you already have it better than everyone else

There are those that would love to see you guys kicked down a notch and thrown in the National Master.

And the 50% clause, well, your locals are still bound by the IBT Constitution and the power of the General President, so we may find out shortly.

Yeah if it's gets voted down my understanding is they don't necessarily have to go back and negotiate ,and 705 runs the risk of being absorbed by the national which no one in 705 wants so I'm not sure how it will play out.

vvv

"Won't get any backing"........"They don't care".........."see you guys get kicked down a notch"........

Great attitude by other members. And people sit on this site during contract time and after the results and bitch why the union didn't represent us well enough and we went into a full blown nosedive.

Nice outlook my friend in wanting other members to have less than boosting everyone else up accordingly. Can't believe what I read here sometimes.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Oh yeah ?

Well.... my Dad can beat up your dad. :biggrin:

Are you like 8 years old ?

Looked up scab and saw yours.

At least I support our Union...as a whole.

I will defend the IBT Constitution to the end, for better or worse.

Just like the contract, I will enforce it for better or worse.

If you don't like it, step up and get it changed.

People like @BenDover.... are afraid of their own shadow, and management.

I know this was not directed at me, but what has the IBT done to its UPS members?

What the IBT has done, is endure the taunts and insults from a membership that

(arguably) doesn't have a spine. And yet, continues to make gains in our contract.

-Bug-

BuckyBadger

I don't see IBT. I don't see TDU. I wouldn't know Hoffa if he walked down the street.

But I'll tell you this. I'm voting every guy I can out of 710. Every one. No communication, very little sense of a brotherhood, rather I get a whiff of weak spines, go along with the corporation feel. I'll throw my hat in the ring to run if need be. I'll be a steward if they can't find anyone better at my place.

cachmeifucan

Yeah if it's gets voted down my understanding is they don't necessarily have to go back and negotiate ,and 705 runs the risk of being absorbed by the national which no one in 705 wants so I'm not sure how it will play out.
I would actually like to be absorbed because are votes would count in the national vote and we would be more organized against the national. A couple weeks away

UPSjedi41

As a 705 member, I think our contract proposal is much better than the national but still included 22.4. I voted no in part to stand up for the national brothers

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Great attitude by other members.

It's the #meetoo generation. People only care about themselves anymore and hate it when somebody else gets more than they do.

Not my attitude, but it's what I see from 90% of the membership.

There is the other 10%, but we are the minority.

It is what it is.

Nice outlook my friend in wanting other members to have less than boosting everyone else up accordingly. Can't believe what I read here sometimes.

Go back about 5 years and you can see that I said the exact same thing. To paraphrase, I said, "Why do you want to bring me down to your level instead of you fighting to come up to my level.

Things never change.

As a 705 member, I think our contract proposal is much better than the national

It usually is, and more power to you. Get what you can and don't worry about what others say or think.

but still included 22.4.

And that will never go away, even if you have to strike to try.

UPSjedi41

It's the #meetoo generation. People only care about themselves anymore and hate it when somebody else gets more than they do.

Not my attitude, but it's what I see from 90% of the membership.

There is the other 10%, but we are the minority.

It is what it is.

Go back about 5 years and you can see that I said the exact same thing. To paraphrase, I said, "Why do you want to bring me down to your level instead of you fighting to come up to my level.

Things never change.

It usually is, and more power to you. Get what you can and don't worry about what others say or think.

And that will never go away, even if you have to strike to try.
But we were promised from our leadership that at least this contract we would not be getting them. They lied/were wrong

Oh yeah ?

Well.... my Dad can beat up your dad. :biggrin:

Are you like 8 years old ?

People like @BenDover.... are afraid of their own shadow, and management.

What the IBT has done, is endure the taunts and insults from a membership that

(arguably) doesn't have a spine. And yet, continues to make gains in our contract.

-Bug-
Gains- lol.