705 and 710 forced to accept contract.

cachmeifucan

It doesn't bother me at all. It was definitely the 400 dollar bump for 30 years full-time. Most drivers will easily make that. We should of got 5 dollars over 5 years. With inflation and taxes in our area and cost of living so high. The amount ups pays into full-time pension went up. I wanted more 22.3 jobs that don't include driving. IL actually make the 30 years full-time but I never wanted to do that many I was shooting for 27 28 years full-time. But now I can't leave that much on the table at least I know the day I hit 30 years full-time god willing IL be retiring. The saddest part is a little over 3000 people voted.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
How would that happen.... when there are member "observers" present to

guarantee an honest, open process ?

The (un)official number I heard, was only 28% of the members voted.

Your vote tally might be right for 705, I don't know. We at 710 were at about 40, I believe.

All I know, is that I don't trust the union leaders to be honest and above board.
Period.

cachmeifucan

It wasn't a bad contract. Our guys did what they could I'm sure getting pressure from National. The message that sends to ups is that we will accept anything. I'm already full-time but many long term part timers waiting on a combination job will never see it try to tell them go driving. Sad thing 3600 for 30 years then minus health insurance of 500 a month now so how much will it be in 15 20 years. IL still get mine but I'm not sure my pension will be in good shape 20 30 years from now. 1 in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

babboo25

Banned
It wasn't a bad contract. Our guys did what they could I'm sure getting pressure from National. The message that sends to ups is that we will accept anything. I'm already full-time but many long term part timers waiting on a combination job will never see it try to tell them go driving. Sad thing 3600 for 30 years then minus health insurance of 500 a month now so how much will it be in 15 20 years. IL still get mine but I'm not sure my pension will be in good shape 20 30 years from now. 1 in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.
If you already don’t save like you won’t have a pension you better start, frankly it’s irresponsible not to, nothing is guaranteed.

upshawk

It doesn't bother me at all. It was definitely the 400 dollar bump for 30 years full-time. Most drivers will easily make that. We should of got 5 dollars over 5 years. With inflation and taxes in our area and cost of living so high. The amount ups pays into full-time pension went up. I wanted more 22.3 jobs that don't include driving. IL actually make the 30 years full-time but I never wanted to do that many I was shooting for 27 28 years full-time. But now I can't leave that much on the table at least I know the day I hit 30 years full-time god willing IL be retiring. The saddest part is a little over 3000 people voted.[/QUOTEQ

upshawk

Quick question....To get the $400 pension bump I would have to work past Jan 2020. At that time I would have 24 fulltime driving years and 8 part-time years. That's enough to get me the $400 increase right? I'm in central states. I cant get a straight answer anywhere. I requested an estimate from Atlanta 6 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. Thanks for any info

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Quick question....To get the $400 pension bump I would have to work past Jan 2020. At that time I would have 24 fulltime driving years and 8 part-time years. That's enough to get me the $400 increase right? I'm in central states. I cant get a straight answer anywhere. I requested an estimate from Atlanta 6 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. Thanks for any info
Contact your union hall........daily....keep asking.

cachmeifucan

I'm not sure about central 705 is different and I'm sure part time years don't count towards a 25 or 30 and out they probably only mean full-time years.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
So how close is the next contract coming in?
Because I just sent in a letter for FT work, and will be properly bidding in just 2 more months.
All of this 22.4 BS will be either a cakewalk or hell on earth, while qualifying.

vvv

NOPE. 30 full time. Sorry my brother.