705 and 710 forced to accept contract.

BuckyBadger

Find a better job, whiny ass part timers
I'm not the one making it. We are incredibly short for peak because of it. It's going to be much longer hours for everyone, and what is described as "part time" work stretches into 60 hrs plus a week, wrecking our regular, better paying jobs.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm not the one making it. We are incredibly short for peak because of it. It's going to be much longer hours for everyone, and what is described as "part time" work stretches into 60 hrs plus a week, wrecking our regular, better paying jobs.
you need the hours to get a ride home

BuckyBadger

I have a ride. I make good money. I do this job mainly for the insurance. I'm not invested in what we get paid, I just want UPS HR to be able to hire the amount of people they need to properly staff this peak. And this is not going to happen. Now that the $13/hr is trickling out, we're losing the last of the hires we had doing orientation, because they have been told they were getting $14.50/hr by sups.

babboo25

Banned
I have a ride. I make good money. I do this job mainly for the insurance. I'm not invested in what we get paid, I just want UPS HR to be able to hire the amount of people they need to properly staff this peak. And this is not going to happen. Now that the $13/hr is trickling out, we're losing the last of the hires we had doing orientation, because they have been told they were getting $14.50/hr by sups.
So you’re voting no because of this?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Then why not just go to your “ regular better paying jobs”?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Beards aren't a contractual issue, they are a company policy.

Trying to make it a contractual issue means the Union would lose something

as a result. Besides, how many people have skin conditions now.... ?
In RI it’s now an epidemic. Simple for from your doctor for eczema or folliculitus . 25% of our drivers have an authorization card.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
But they can't use threats to compel you to vote one way or another, such as telling you that voting down the contract will lead to a lock out and that all employees will be replaced.

Tell that the Freight mouth!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Tell that the Freight mouth!

If management or the union does anything like that, the NLRB considers it bargaining in bad faith. If random guys on the internet do it, probably not so much, unless you can confirm their identity and they are management or a union official. I'm still looking into the steps of filing complaints with the NRLB, their website isn't exactly straight forward. I can let you know what I find out, if you are interested.