705 and 710 forced to accept contract.

cachmeifucan

Then MOVE!!! It’s not UPS problem that you have high taxes, high cost of living, get off brown cafe and further your education!!!
It's not ups fault but it is their problem. That's the whole reason why cost of living adjustment. that's why pension in certain areas is higher. So you advocate for same pay and same pension for all drivers. Why do you think they already pay 15 in Seattle for awhile for new hires.

cachmeifucan

I'm all for right to work. Might actually scare the union to get off the bum and honor the vote and fight for a good contract. Our union is a big business in itself. IL still pay the bribe and stay in union but if people don't get good representation they should opt out

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The reason Hoffa didn't apply 2(d) in 2013.... was because 2(b) did apply.

"In the event such a special rider or supplement is not approved by the affected members, and the master agreement is ratified, the supplemental negotiating committee shall meet with the master negotiating committee to identify the issues which resulted in the rejection of the special rider or supplement. The master negotiating committee shall assist the supplemental negotiating committee when bargaining resumes with the employer in an effort to resolve the issues."

2013 and 2018.... were not similar.

The supplements that were continually voted down (2013) were because of TeamCare.

It came to a point, where any further negotiation or voting was futile.

And, in keeping with the broad powers the IBT President has.. he made a decision.

-Bug-

You're right, they are not relating the Master this year to the forced Supplements in 2013.

But they are questioning why Hoffa forced the Supplements this year when he didn't in 2013, but has nothing to do with the Master.

My point still stands. Nobody in power is stating that 2 d) does not apply and that section only applies to a strike vote, like a few members on this site keep insisting.

Sean OB and the other VP's are just saying that he did not have to impose 2 d) because the Company was still willing to negotiate, not that it didn't apply.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You're right, they are not relating the Master this year to the forced Supplements in 2013.

But they are questioning why Hoffa forced the Supplements this year when he didn't in 2013, but has nothing to do with the Master.

My point still stands. Nobody in power is stating that 2 d) does not apply and that section only applies to a strike vote, like a few members on this site keep insisting.

Sean OB and the other VP's are just saying that he did not have to impose 2 d) because the Company was still willing to negotiate, not that it didn't apply.

I'm not saying anything doesn't apply, I'm saying it all applies. It's not either/or, it's more like if/then. A strike was authorized under section 2 d), so according to 2 d) the nnc and geb did not have the authority to impose, and would have to renegotiate or declare a strike. Later sections outline rules for striking, section 2 b) outlines rules for renegotiating, and even if the paragraph about reopener doesn't apply in this case, section 2 b) and the guidelines for renegotiations still do, because of the paragraph in section 2 c)
"All provisions of Section 2(b) and (c) of this Article shall be equally applicable to companywide negotiations and agreements negotiated on an area, multi‑employer, multi‑state, multi‑area, or national basis"

Section 2 b) starts out with:

"If a majority of the votes cast by the involved membership approve such agreement, it shall become binding and effective upon all Local Unions involved..."

So because we authorized a strike in accordance with 2 d), section 2 b) applies, and the rule used by section 2 b) for approving an agreement is simple majority of votes cast by the involved membership. This vote failed that criteria, as such, negotiations must continue. See what happens when you apply the entire Article, and not just focus on one section?

I have to say, I do appreciate you taking the time to point out the flaws in my argument. I feel better prepared now.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
so according to 2 d) the nnc and geb did not have the authority to impose, and would have to renegotiate or declare a strike.

This is the main issue.

But, neither Hoffa, the IBT Attorneys, Sean OB nor the rest of the VP's agree with this statement.

So, is essence, they believe in either/or, not if/then, and all of them believe it.

They are some pretty high ranking and powerful officials that don't agree with your interpretation of the IBT Constitution.

But yes, you are entitled to your opinion and your interpretation, I will never tell anyone they are not. I just don't agree with it, which is OK, but the bigwigs also don't agree with it.

And they are the only ones that count.

BuckyBadger

This is the main issue.

But, neither Hoffa, the IBT Attorneys, Sean OB nor the rest of the VP's agree with this statement.

So, is essence, they believe in either/or, not if/then, and all of them believe it.

They are some pretty high ranking and powerful officials that don't agree with your interpretation of the IBT Constitution.

But yes, you are entitled to your opinion and your interpretation, I will never tell anyone they are not. I just don't agree with it, which is OK, but the bigwigs also don't agree with it.

And they are the only ones that count.
It would truly be hilarious if that got taken a court, and there's plenty of powers-that-be that would like to see the union dead that could make that happen.

542thruNthru

What in the world are you talking about?

He's talking about how unions buy union made products. Like the flyers you receive from the union in the mail are made in union shops.

With a union bug on it.
UnionBugExplanation.jpg

BuckyBadger

He's talking about how unions buy union made products. Like the flyers you receive from the union in the mail are made in union shops.

With a union bug on it.
View attachment 222864
Aaannnndddd?

Okay, so the requirements are a big vehicle for these ummmm....larger gentlemen, and has to be Union friendly. Well, I'm sure there's a minivan out there that fits those descriptions. Problem solved.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

With a union bug on it.
View attachment 222864

Funny you mention this.

(Yes it's time.... for some TDU bashing)

In one Local election, the TDU pukes running against us photo copied a Union

bug on their handouts. Then, they cut out the labels on all their T-shirts showing

the Chinese manufacture. That's as low as you can get.

Happens all the time.

You quoted me, but wasn't sure which one you were talking about.