705 sells out members

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by cachmeifucan, Nov 16, 2018.

1. cachmeifucan

cachmeifucan Well-Known Member

Dt came in and put the screws to us. And our guys folded.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  2. cachmeifucan

So now any full-time employee can transfer and knock others down the list. But if you chang classification you can't dovetail.this is a mess.

3. cachmeifucan

LoL you shouldn't be laughing at all you still in 710 a weaker local. And your mom still won't drive you to the meetings

4. cachmeifucan

Still 4 year progression vote no

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

So pretty much same contract as us.

6. cachmeifucan

Yep so sad

7. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

You are a very negative person. I don’t think I’ve ever read anything you said that wasn’t negative. Thanks for reading.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Skooney

Skooney Active Member

strike strike strike

At least Laguna wasn't involved. He would of sold your clothes too.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. cachmeifucan

Have you ever been to cach I have
    What is sad about facts

10. babboo25

babboo25 Well-Known Member

You seem miserable though, maybe get a new job?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

Facts are one thing but being negative about everything in every post is just too much.. if I hated or bitched about ups as much as you I would quit long time ago. It’s not healthy having that much negativity mate.

12. cachmeifucan

We haven't seen the raise but I assume around around 4 dollars over 5 years. If you make over 30$ a hour that barely keeps up with inflation. Especially in Chicago. It only took 20 years for ups to get rid of 22.3 jobs. So now they telling part time employee if they want to go full time go driving. Many at cach and I'm sure all around our local and country were waiting for a inside job. Soon they will not hire any new package drivers. Only 22.4.

13. cachmeifucan

I actually have it really good. But I'm like a advocate for the people that are not smart enough to see and getting a bad deal I'm already full-time. I have to get the information out to the masses here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

30k into the pension for each full time employee by the end of the contract.

I'm gonna take a guess guys 30 years from now aren't pulling 12-15k a month pensions so workers again get hosed by the pension

15. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

No turkey!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. cachmeifucan

It would be better if they gave us the actual increase instead of pension. If someone saved as much as they put in the pension you would be way better off and have lived a better lifestyle. And the pension isn't guaranteed. Oh yeah and 705 is Illinois that is about to have a progressive income tax so we definitely not getting a raise. Don't be da fool

17. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

18. cachmeifucan

Meaning that most full time ups employees make over 75,000 so we will pay more in taxes and inflation is higher here then most parts of country. We be able to gauge if it passes at the meeting. If the drives don't like it then it won't pass. Because there the only ones to organize a vote no movement I can't do it on. My own although I might have to

19. Waldo

Waldo Member

In my outbound pretty much every supervisor works. When we scatter breaks, they are in our trailers loading until we get back. If a truck is pulling 800 or so package rate then they are in the trucks helping keep up. They’ll send everyone home for the day and have another supervisor clean up. Nobody says a thing and we have a lot of veteran employees.

20. Waldo

Waldo Member

Kinda funny as last week a spokesperson for the 705 Change slate told me the current regime has done nothing. They collect dues, and let supervisors work since they haven’t increased jobs. He had a good point.