705 sells out members

cachmeifucan

We haven't seen the raise but I assume around around 4 dollars over 5 years. If you make over 30$ a hour that barely keeps up with inflation. Especially in Chicago. It only took 20 years for ups to get rid of 22.3 jobs. So now they telling part time employee if they want to go full time go driving. Many at cach and I'm sure all around our local and country were waiting for a inside job. Soon they will not hire any new package drivers. Only 22.4.

cachmeifucan

I actually have it really good. But I'm like a advocate for the people that are not smart enough to see and getting a bad deal I'm already full-time. I have to get the information out to the masses here.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know it looks bad for some stuff...

But wait till you see what our 710 one looks like. ;)
I'm guessing y'all will feel like you dodged a bullet once we see what our local gave away.
30k into the pension for each full time employee by the end of the contract.

I'm gonna take a guess guys 30 years from now aren't pulling 12-15k a month pensions so workers again get hosed by the pension

cachmeifucan

It would be better if they gave us the actual increase instead of pension. If someone saved as much as they put in the pension you would be way better off and have lived a better lifestyle. And the pension isn't guaranteed. Oh yeah and 705 is Illinois that is about to have a progressive income tax so we definitely not getting a raise. Don't be da fool

cachmeifucan

Meaning that most full time ups employees make over 75,000 so we will pay more in taxes and inflation is higher here then most parts of country. We be able to gauge if it passes at the meeting. If the drives don't like it then it won't pass. Because there the only ones to organize a vote no movement I can't do it on. My own although I might have to

Waldo

Triple time for supervisor working. Good luck. If you file on a supervisor for working 3 hours they always settle for half the grievance you get a check and say I filed for 3 hours and get a check for half the amount what a joke. Vote no

In my outbound pretty much every supervisor works. When we scatter breaks, they are in our trailers loading until we get back. If a truck is pulling 800 or so package rate then they are in the trucks helping keep up. They’ll send everyone home for the day and have another supervisor clean up. Nobody says a thing and we have a lot of veteran employees.

Waldo

Kinda funny as last week a spokesperson for the 705 Change slate told me the current regime has done nothing. They collect dues, and let supervisors work since they haven’t increased jobs. He had a good point.