705 sells out members

EasyTrucker

I don’t have anything against your facts just against your miserable negativity. Like I said it’s not healthy.. good thing we have good mental insurance coverage though, might want to go talk to someone.
What am I saying that isn't true. And it's not my fault all I wanted was 5 dollars over 5 years no 22.4 better language for 9.5 and maybe 50 22.3. Jobs. Our pension is well funded.

So you’re ok with 22.3 “two-tier” jobs, but you’re against 22.4 “two-tier” jobs??

cachmeifucan

What argument would they have against retro pay? I know you're having a pity party, but the contract ended August 1st, and under past practices, we have been given retro checks. So yeah, it's going to cost them. But their wages have been extremely low for the Chicago area for a long time. It SHOULD cost them.
Well the rumor was that when we gave them 30 day notice they took retro pay off the table. Most current employees will get the .70 cents retro. But I'm worried the ones who didn't have 40 days by August 1st get screwed or lied to. Don't worry it should get voted down not sure if we hit thresholds of 50% and 2/3 rule.

IGotARock

Well the rumor was that when we gave them 30 day notice they took retro pay off the table. Most current employees will get the .70 cents retro. But I'm worried the ones who didn't have 40 days by August 1st get screwed or lied to. Don't worry it should get voted down not sure if we hit thresholds of 50% and 2/3 rule.
Rumor is rumor. I don't believe anything until it is or isn't on my paycheck.

Foamer Pyle

It would be better if they gave us the actual increase instead of pension. If someone saved as much as they put in the pension you would be way better off and have lived a better lifestyle. And the pension isn't guaranteed. Oh yeah and 705 is Illinois that is about to have a progressive income tax so we definitely not getting a raise. Don't be da fool
Keep voting Democrat for higher and higher taxes.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
That comment makes no sense. And I vote for pro life, low taxes,

You are a sheep!

Many Democratic members are pro-life and many, many Democratic candidates as well as current politicians want low and lower taxes. But the sheep out there who only listen to Faux News and refuse to actually engage their brains can't or won't listen to others!

IGotARock

That comment makes no sense. And I vote for pro life, low taxes,
The only people rich enough to vote Republican are CEOs, and other people who would benefit from the corporate gains and loss of workers' rights that typically accompany Republicans.

We need Republicans. And we need corporations to profit to have jobs. But to vote for them every time?

UPSjedi41

During the last contract driver pay went from 16.10 to 18.75. Our local 705 contract was extended @ 16 months last time. As a seasonal/rookie driver during that time they cut me a check for every hour of that increase during those 16 months. The check net was over $4000

Gaintain

During the last contract driver pay went from 16.10 to 18.75. Our local 705 contract was extended @ 16 months last time. As a seasonal/rookie driver during that time they cut me a check for every hour of that increase during those 16 months. The check net was over $4000
After the contract was voted on & passed...how long did it take for you to get that check?

rod

Retired 22 years
After the contract was voted on & passed...how long did it take for you to get that check?

Quit worrying about your back pay check. Its going to be a LONG time before you see one. If you would have voted no the last time by now a new (better) offer would have been put on the table and you could have voted yes on that one and had your back pay check and a better contract---but oh no--you just had to vote yes.