8 hour request form?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I am putting one in today for my last work day (5/7/18). I am asking that they cover my UPS Store pickup, which is heaviest on Mondays.

If your managers actually cared about you, you'd have a light day without the request.

(I think I had about 5 1/2 hours.)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
If your managers actually cared about you, you'd have a light day without the request.

Used to be that way, those days are long gone around here. You had management that did the job, and respected it a little. We have 28 year old snot nosed kids that drove three weeks running the center.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Under the Southern Supplement, the employer is suppose to provide the form, we usually just write it down. You have to request within 5 calander days, not working, of the day you want. Management is then required to hand the form back accepting or denying the request. Failure to do so is automatic acceptance of the request. Penalty pay for failure to honor a request is 2 hours pay.

Article 37 Section 1 And Article 63
I am in the same local as you,and we turn our 8 hour requests 3 months in advance. I will have my requests for July turned in next week. We dont play in our building,if you want it you better jump quickly

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Used to be that way, those days are long gone around here. You had management that did the job, and respected it a little. We have 28 year old snot nosed kids that drove three weeks running the center.

I had a good center manager at the time and a great ORS.

I mentioned taking an 8 hour, and was told not to worry.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's funny you mention that because I (jokingly) submitted a 6 hour request for the same day a few weeks ago. Our PDS said that he "couldn't do that".

I have a feeling that they will lighten me up for my final day.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
It's funny you mention that because I (jokingly) submitted a 6 hour request for the same day a few weeks ago. Our PDS said that he "couldn't do that".

How can your route get any lighter?
You collect more im guarantee pay than anyone in the history of the company.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down

Last day out a supervisor goes with you to help on your last day in are buildings. You make them carry the over 70s and hold the doors for you while you say good bye to the customers. Pretty much a 6 hr day in my mind but I'm still a ways a way from that point.

watdaflock?

It's been my experience it's more of a center thing. We use to just writw it down on paper but now we have forms.
I've noticed in our little hub, when drivers request 8 hours they get a few less stops/pieces but end up really having to bust arse to really make it 8 hours. Normal everywhere?

Indecisi0n

I've noticed in our little hub, when drivers request 8 hours they get a few less stops/pieces but end up really having to bust arse to really make it 8 hours. Normal everywhere?
No. I work normally. Of I don't get it I file. Management knows this so they leave me alone. I am that guy who when I hand in a grievance it doesn't get pulled.

Dr.Brownz

They tried that here, after several grievances and penalty pays they were told to dispatch however they have to to get driver off in 8 hours or less.

Tony Q

So I always thought that we had to fill out some type of form for an 8 hour request. Our steward is out for a while and I haven’t been able to get a hold of him. Somone else told me you just need to write the request down. So I was just curious how others handle this. Do you guys have forms you fill out?
Put it on paper, it never hurts to be by the book.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
They tried that here, after several grievances and penalty pays they were told to dispatch however they have to to get driver off in 8 hours or less.
I just call the center and tell them where do you want me to leave the stops at, every time they send someone to pick them up. If not grieve and put in another 8 hr request it's like girls washing there hair grieve, put in 8hr repeat.