8 Hr requests, a thing of the past?

ozlander

ozlander
Thanks for all of your responses, yes, I did hear about the two hr penalty in new contract..They will find a way to weasle out of it..here in the central plains, they go right back and see what on road stops were and if u were not locked in, they will go about locking u in and send u warning letters if you do not run the numbers..So, if u do file grivence, be ready to be bent over again and again...the harassment never ends..I guess I should feel forturnate that we get 3 8's a month..we must post 24hrs in advance..As an extended driver, my eight hrs vary with rurals as u all know...Mgmt thinks that a set number of stops in-town resys or rurals...an eight is an eight....they are all fubar!! Thanks again to all of you again for your responses!!!

OZ.....26 yrs now at UPS!!!!

Thanks for all of your responses, yes, I did hear about the two hr penalty in new contract..They will find a way to weasle out of it..here in the central plains, they go right back and see what on road stops were and if u were not locked in, they will go about locking u in and send u warning letters if you do not run the numbers..So, if u do file grivence, be ready to be bent over again and again...the harassment never ends..I guess I should feel forturnate that we get 3 8's a month..we must post 24hrs in advance..As an extended driver, my eight hrs vary with rurals as u all know...Mgmt thinks that a set number of stops in-town resys or rurals...an eight is an eight....they are all fubar!! Thanks again to all of you again for your responses!!!

OZ.....26 yrs now at UPS!!!!
How can they "lock" you into any amount of SPORH? The dynamics of your load each day are different. There are too many things that can and do adversely effect how much you can do in a set time frame.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Its basically like rolling the dice !
Take the gamble 5 days earlier and request the 8 hour day or just call out when you definitly need the day off.
I would take the latter.

govols019

You smell that?
How can they "lock" you into any amount of SPORH? The dynamics of your load each day are different. There are too many things that can and do adversely effect how much you can do in a set time frame.

File an Over 9.5 grievance and find out how quickly they try to give you a 3-day lock-in ride.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have filed 9.5's. I have a national decision on 9.5's. They don't say crap to me about it. I say I will be over and they say what needs to come off.

As far as 8 hrs. I have gotten greivance pay on 4 violations. Now my sups don't violate an 8 hr request.