804leadersunited

ezmoney5150

When you get in your car this morning look for the manufacturers plate----it should tell you the percentage of the car that was actually made (not assembled) in America. It will also be on the sticker, if you still have it.

Nissans are actually assembled in America (Tennessee?).

There are no 100% American made cars that I am aware of.

Looks to me like he started with 0% made in America.

The great union officials in my local never rent or buy foreign cars. Just saying. Union made when you are in this business. You all can come back all you want with smart phones and tv's but when things are made union in America you buy or rent only those. This goes with the job. To be a GP of our great international brotherhood of teamsters you have to know this. Just saying.

5habits100

Look around his neck Einstein. He has a name tag. So he is probably at a convention or speaking at a meeting as a guest. Also someone else is in that car...maybe THEY rented it. I dont know, YOU dont know. As someone else stated, the Nissan was probably all they had left. Tim wouldnt drive a foreign car. He knows better.
Keep grasping at straws. It shows how desperate you Old Guard are!!
No one can see around his neck. I thought you said he was campaigning. Tim is driving a Nissan

Brown Spider

James P. Hoffa grew up on picket lines and in union meetings. He is the only son of James R. Hoffa, former General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. On his 18th birthday, Hoffa received his own union card and was sworn in by his father. Prior to becoming Administrative Assistant to Michigan Joint Council 43, Hoffa was a labor lawyer in Detroit for 25 years.

TEAMSTER CAREER

1960s: Teamster laborer in Detroit and Alaska, loading and unloading freight from ships, driving trucks and buses, and operating heavy equipment.

1968-93: Teamster attorney representing members in workers compensation cases, Social Security, and personal legal matters; represented Teamster joint councils and local unions.

1993-98: Administrative Assistant to the President of Michigan Joint Council 43.

1999-Present: General President, International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

All accurate info. Also he has consistently PAID HIS DUES since the 60's. He worked unloading ships on the Great Lakes, and he worked driving trucks, heavy equipment and buses in Alaska during the construction of the BEMIS (Ballistic Missle Early Warning System) military base there you go.

Really? Had he "consistently PAID HIS DUES since the 60's", he would have been eligible to run for GP in 1991. He didn't...and he wasn't! This, wide load, "is accurate info". The glossed over version of his membership status that you copied and posted is certainly entertaining, but hardly accurate.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Really? Had he "consistently PAID HIS DUES since the 60's", he would have been eligible to run for GP in 1991. He didn't...and he wasn't! This, wide load, "is accurate info". The glossed over version of his membership status that you copied and posted is certainly entertaining, but hardly accurate.
Now I'm lead belly too? I'm up to 10 guys. Obviously no time for anything but to be a full time poster of brown. #dummy. So why don't you prove this stuff wrong? It has yet to be done for a reason. Stop listening to the bs your sold.

Those are all proven facts. You can't talk all the trash you want but you can't discredit it. Jimmy is a teamster through and through. He might not have scrubbed toilets but he was is and will always be one.

Brown Spider

Now I'm lead belly too? I'm up to 10 guys. Obviously no time for anything but to be a full time poster of brown. #dummy. So why don't you prove this stuff wrong? It has yet to be done for a reason. Stop listening to the bs your sold.

Sorry, wide, I often get you two guys mixed up but, accept it or not, "this stuff" was proved wrong a long time ago. I was at the 1991 Orlando Convention and saw it unfold firsthand. Hoffa was ruled ineligible to run for GP based on his failure to comply with the 24 month good standing requirement. Had he "consistently PAID HIS DUES since the 60's", he would have been eligible. Following the ruling on his eligibility, Hoffa attempted to get a motion put forward by delegates to waive the 24 month rule. He failed. He did go to work for Joint Council 43 in 1993, which made him eligible to run in the next election, but he did NOT consistently pay dues from the 60's to the 90's and was NOT eligible to run in 1991.

No problem @cheryl. I won't post anymore Hoffa pictures. How about this bio though?
James P. Hoffa grew up on picket lines and in union meetings. He is the only son of James R. Hoffa, former General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. On his 18th birthday, Hoffa received his own union card and was sworn in by his father. Prior to becoming Administrative Assistant to Michigan Joint Council 43, Hoffa was a labor lawyer in Detroit for 25 years.

TEAMSTER CAREER

1960s: Teamster laborer in Detroit and Alaska, loading and unloading freight from ships, driving trucks and buses, and operating heavy equipment.

1968-93: Teamster attorney representing members in workers compensation cases, Social Security, and personal legal matters; represented Teamster joint councils and local unions.

1993-98: Administrative Assistant to the President of Michigan Joint Council 43.

All accurate info. Also he has consistently PAID HIS DUES since the 60's. He worked unloading ships on the Great Lakes, and he worked driving trucks, heavy equipment and buses in Alaska during the construction of the BEMIS (Ballistic Missle Early Warning System) military base.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
No problem @cheryl. I won't post anymore Hoffa pictures. How about this bio though?

TEAMSTER CAREER

All accurate info. Also he has consistently PAID HIS DUES since the 60's. He worked unloading ships on the Great Lakes, and he worked driving trucks, heavy equipment and buses in Alaska during the construction of the BEMIS (Ballistic Missle Early Warning System) military base.
BrownCafe operates on an honor system. Our intention is to maintain a fair and reasonable forum and facilitate legitimate, reasoned debate about the issues raised. Registered members are offered the privilege of freely posting on this site with the understanding that they are bound by their honor to observe our House Rules and Terms of Service and will therefore not abuse the trust placed in them.

M

Mike hunt

image.jpg
Is this ok

BrownCafe operates on an honor system. Our intention is to maintain a fair and reasonable forum and facilitate legitimate, reasoned debate about the issues raised. Registered members are offered the privilege of freely posting on this site with the understanding that they are bound by their honor to observe our House Rules and Terms of Service and will therefore not abuse the trust placed in them.
I understand @cheryl.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Several years ago Teamster officials sued the owner of teamsters.net over content posted on that forum. As the owner of this website I think it's reasonable for me to ask you guys to protect your own and other people's privacy by not posting names and personally identifiable pics of private people here. I don't know why that's so difficult to understand...

http://www.browncafe.com/community/attachments/amended-complaint-pdf.51536/

Just so I understand @cheryl pictures of both candidates for general president of the IBT aren't allowed here on this forum. I always thought public officials like Tim and Jim were allowed on this site. I understand the Photoshop stuff.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Just so I understand @cheryl pictures of both candidates for general president of the IBT aren't allowed here on this forum. I always thought public officials like Tim and Jim were allowed on this site. I understand the Photoshop stuff.
I have no idea who the candidates for IBT are or what kind of office general president is. There could be a general president for every local for all I know. If someone is running for a national office and campaigning all over the country then those candidates may qualify as well known public figures...

If you guys are so hell bent on posting pics and names of those candidates then find me some legal definition from a credible source that qualifies those people as well known public figures. Then I'll reconsider allowing their names and pics to be posted here.

This thread is about a local, local officials are not well known public figures. I'm not a lawyer. Just trying to cover my butt here.