804leadersunited

Tim
I have no idea who the candidates for IBT are or what kind of office general president is. There could be a general president for every local for all I know. If someone is running for a national office and campaigning all over the country then those candidates may qualify as well known public figures...

If you guys are so hell bent on posting pics and names of those candidates then find me some legal definition from a credible source that qualifies those people as well known public figures. Then I'll reconsider allowing their names and pics to be posted here.

This thread is about a local, local officials are not well known public figures. I'm not a lawyer. Just trying to cover my butt here.
a Jim are both running for general president of the international brotherhood of teamsters. They are both public figures that have chose to run for GP of a 1.3 million member union.

5habits100

Is that the guy who is running against Hoffa who is in Atlanta on union business driving a Nissan not licensed in Atlanta but from where he is from?
The same guy I saw a picture of him sleeping at this function while his members are paying for him to be there?
The same guy who used the members money to go to Atlanta to campaign?

Just curious about it that's all.

Is that the guy who is running against Hoffa who is in Atlanta on union business driving a Nissan not licensed in Atlanta but from where he is from?
The same guy I saw a picture of him sleeping at this function while his members are paying for him to be there?
The same guy who used the members money to go to Atlanta to campaign?

Just curious about it that's all.
Yep that's the guy.

noshownocall

Brothers & Sisters of 804 are you ready for a change. Are you tired of lies, broken promises and harassment from our very own union officials. 804 will have many slates running in the upcoming election. But clearly our union hall cannot be run by on the job training. Our lives, families and local cannot afford it. You've been donating for the past few years on a monthly basis for a group of individuals to clearly just gamble with it.

Donate today to help put proven leaders in command

We are ready for change, only with your help, I respect your efforts, you have the power now to control the destiny of Local 804: you know this is true, so step up to the plate.

Our Members have to be smart this Election, with possibly 4 slates running anything can happen. But the worst thing would be is to have our current Executive board win again, which is a good possibility if we split our 2/3 votes of disapproval of our current board.

Did we not learn from the last election, whats wrong here, We all know from the last election what happened, Bills selfish slate screwed the members, and this also showed that more members wanted Tim and the useless out of office, Yes we split the those votes and gave Tim a victory thanks to Bill and his last minute turncoat picks that back stabbed the members for there own personal gain.

Now it looks like everyone thinks they could run for office again and pull in all the votes to win. Odds are its not gonna happen, and they know that. If these so called 3 slates really cared about 804 they would unite and form 1 super slate. Yes!!! in unity there is strength. Swallow your selfishness pride, unite as 1 slate, as I know you all know and work together. Show the members of 804 how unity works. Form 1 super slate, this is the only way to ensure the future of 804. I call on all slates running this election to meet and make a decision. Rise up for the members. Those who must step down must do it for the members. This would show great pride, unity and strength not only to the members but to the company. We must not be divided in this battle, together we will win the and send our current Board out of our great local that they have destroyed.

If the slates dont figure this out on there own, I call on all members to vote a cast vote before the election on this forum on each member running for office, and those with the most votes should be individually voted for on the ballet. We the members can come together united and pick a great new board by voting for our future, by picking the strongest Executive who will fight for we the members.

I know 90% of the 3 slates know each other very well, they can work together as one team. And those who step down will be thanked and praised in there effort to build a strong Local 804 again.

Last edited by a moderator:

cafelatte

Interesting nocall on taking my 1st paragraph and then blending it with yours. If your gonna try and make something look like a illusion at least you can do is a better job

804brown

Brothers & Sisters of 804 are you ready for a change. Are you tired of lies, broken promises and harassment from our very own union officials. 804 will have many slates running in the upcoming election. But clearly our union hall cannot be run by on the job training. Our lives, families and local cannot afford it. You've been donating for the past few years on a monthly basis for a group of individuals to clearly just gamble with it.

It's time for Tim & company to go. Has Tim given us what he promised
We voted for change in 2009. We threw out an Old Guard board that supported Hoffa and were out of touch with the rank and file. Some are trying to make a comeback. IS that the change you really want back in our local?? Since Buhlert's been out of office, all he has been known for is trying to grab his old job back and grabbing his ba!!$ at a Union meeting.

As for "lies and broken promises", name them. If you look at their 2009 campaign promises, they have addressed them all plus delivered on our local contract. These guys ran on making our union BETTER than they found it. The h/w Funds are BETTER...our pension is BETTER...certain parts of our contract are BETTER such as more summer vacations and improved grievance procedure...more representation to cover all shifts, BETTER...enforcement of 9.5 harassment, BETTER...educating and empowering the rank and file, BETTER.

Im not sure what else you expect from our leaders. They didnt run on being perfect. They ran on fixing things and showing up and caring about members and telling us the truth.

member6045

We voted for change in 2009. We threw out an Old Guard board that supported Hoffa and were out of touch with the rank and file. Some are trying to make a comeback. IS that the change you really want back in our local?? Since Buhlert's been out of office, all he has been known for is trying to grab his old job back and grabbing his ba!!$ at a Union meeting.

As for "lies and broken promises", name them. If you look at their 2009 campaign promises, they have addressed them all plus delivered on our local contract. These guys ran on making our union BETTER than they found it. The h/w Funds are BETTER...our pension is BETTER...certain parts of our contract are BETTER such as more summer vacations and improved grievance procedure...more representation to cover all shifts, BETTER...enforcement of 9.5 harassment, BETTER...educating and empowering the rank and file, BETTER.

Im not sure what else you expect from our leaders. They didnt run on being perfect. They ran on fixing things and showing up and caring about members and telling us the truth.

Explain why he wanted Liam to lie to the group of members being fired in maspeth. Why aren't you representing that building now if you cared about those members? You put an unqualified shop steward in maspeth because you couldn't take the heat from your members of maspeth. The new BA is overmatched due to inexperience to handle our diverse group of members he represents.

Why weren't you in the hearing for the first 20 terminated and for that matter every termination that building or local!

Since Tim has been in office hundreds of part time and full time members have lost there jobs bye listening to the advise of Tim! Every member of 804 knows someone who has lost there job in our local.

804brown

Explain why he wanted Liam to lie to the group of members being fired in maspeth. Why aren't you representing that building now if you cared about those members? You put an unqualified shop steward in maspeth because you couldn't take the heat from your members of maspeth. The new BA is overmatched due to inexperience to handle our diverse group of members he represents.

Why weren't you in the hearing for the first 20 terminated and for that matter every termination that building or local!

Since Tim has been in office hundreds of part time and full time members have lost there jobs bye listening to the advise of Tim! Every member of 804 knows someone who has lost there job in our local.
Where do you get this nonsense from?? No one told Liam to lie about anything.
Tim had to put someone is that building when it was agreed that Liam would NOT be allowed to be on UPS property. Tim brought in to be a union rep Liam's own best shop steward Vinnie P to handle union business. As I hear he is doing fine in Maspeth. As for the statement "to inexperience to handle our diverse group of members he represents", I dont even know what the hell that means!!
As for "since Tim has been in office hundreds of part time and full time members have lost there jobs", that is utter nonsense. We heard the same lies from you 3 years ago when Tim and Members United were up for re-election. No one believed you then and no one believes you now!!

Plus he drives non union made cars. Probably shops at Walmart.