804leadersunited

804brown

Usually when the company knows that the local has tricks up their sleeve they don't walk stewards out. That's a sign of weak local leadership.
Hoffa has no clue of what it is like to be the leadership of a local union. He has no clue what it is like to be a shop steward. And certainly no clue what it is like to get his hands dirty and come home late exhausted and too tired to eat. He has had it easy all his life. Everything was given to him. And the only thing he ever fights for is his own re-election.
Is "weak leadership" defined as : hitting a home run on their first time negotiating a contract...or fixing a bleeding H/W Fund...or finally getting us a pension increase...or getting us more summer vacation...or fixing our broken grievance ...or taking on harassment and sups working,etc.

These are all things little rich boy Jr never got to advocate for as a local union leader because he wasnt qualified to be one. But some how, could it be his famous name? got bankroled by corporations and other Old Guard leaders and got elected.

Hoffa has no clue of what it is like to be the leadership of a local union. He has no clue what it is like to be a shop steward. And certainly no clue what it is like to get his hands dirty and come home late exhausted and too tired to eat. He has had it easy all his life. Everything was given to him. And the only thing he ever fights for is his own re-election.
Is "weak leadership" defined as : hitting a home run on their first time negotiating a contract...or fixing a bleeding H/W Fund...or finally getting us a pension increase...or getting us more summer vacation...or fixing our broken grievance ...or taking on harassment and sups working,etc.

These are all things little rich boy Jr never got to advocate for as a local union leader because he wasnt qualified to be one. But some how, could it be his famous name? got bankroled by corporations and other Old Guard leaders and got elected.
Trust me when I say this. Your guy has no clue. He can't even get respect in his own local. Looking at the guy I have to wonder how much longer he can live. He's so obese and looks like a slob. I've met him and he's not very impressive. I know others that walked away very unimpressed as well.

Hoffa grabs a room attention. His dad was Jimmy Hoffa. Did you expect him to grow up and not go to college and work at a truck dock. Should he be ashamed his father worked his ass off and got him threw law school? Jimmy Hoffa jr never left the union. He's been here all along. He doesn't need to do this job he does it because he's needed.

Here his bio sparky.
James P. Hoffa grew up on picket lines and in union meetings. He is the only son of James R. Hoffa, former General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. On his 18th birthday, Hoffa received his own union card and was sworn in by his father. Prior to becoming Administrative Assistant to Michigan Joint Council 43, Hoffa was a labor lawyer in Detroit for 25 years.

TEAMSTER CAREER

1960s: Teamster laborer in Detroit and Alaska, loading and unloading freight from ships, driving trucks and buses, and operating heavy equipment.

1968-93: Teamster attorney representing members in workers compensation cases, Social Security, and personal legal matters; represented Teamster joint councils and local unions.

1993-98: Administrative Assistant to the President of Michigan Joint Council 43.

1999-Present: General President, International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

All accurate info. Also he has consistently PAID HIS DUES since the 60's. He worked unloading ships on the Great Lakes, and he worked driving trucks, heavy equipment and buses in Alaska during the construction of the BEMIS (Ballistic Missle Early Warning System) military base there you go sparky.

And I can tell you this Jimmy and Ken don't roll it to anything in a foreign non union made car like Timmy looking like they just pulled their closes out of a freaking hamper. Dude needs his stomach stapled.

804brown

Like I said, he never had a hard days work in his life. You can try to embellish his "career" but frankly all he ever was was a lawyer. "Administrative asst to a Jt council" LOL, now that is funny.
As for Tim, he worked as a cook up in Alaska along the pipeline in the mid 70s. Joined UPS and worked as a driver. Ran for shop steward an won. Became very close with Ron Carey and learned alot from the man. When Ron was elected President in 1991, he took Tim with him and made him an Intl Organizer where he worked on organizing Overnite. He, of course, resigned when Hoffa was elected.

He came back to Local 804 and found a local now controlled by Old Guard leaders who had turned their backs on Ron. Tim and others methodically put together a slate of strong stewards and reformers to take on the old board and won in a huge change election.

Everything he did and accomplished was EARNED by his and others' hard work. Nothing was ever given to him.
Is he a big guy?? Sure. Is he overweight?? Sure. Does he wear expensive suits?? No. But that in no way disqualifies him to be a local president or IBT president.

image.jpeg
Like I said, he never had a hard days work in his life. You can try to embellish his "career" but frankly all he ever was was a lawyer. "Administrative asst to a Jt council" LOL, now that is funny.
As for Tim, he worked as a cook up in Alaska along the pipeline in the mid 70s. Joined UPS and worked as a driver. Ran for shop steward an won. Became very close with Ron Carey and learned alot from the man. When Ron was elected President in 1991, he took Tim with him and made him an Intl Organizer where he worked on organizing Overnite. He, of course, resigned when Hoffa was elected.

He came back to Local 804 and found a local now controlled by Old Guard leaders who had turned their backs on Ron. Tim and others methodically put together a slate of strong stewards and reformers to take on the old board and won in a huge change election.

Everything he did and accomplished was EARNED by his and others' hard work. Nothing was ever given to him.
Is he a big guy?? Sure. Is he overweight?? Sure. Does he wear expensive suits?? No. But that in no way disqualifies him to be a local president or IBT president.
You forgot this from his resume.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If he can't even take care of himself, how is he going to take care of the International?

wide load

You're right. And it will come in handy when he is elected IBT President when he has to clean up the mess Hoffa/ Hall made!!
Yeah, I'm in such dire straits. It's horrible that my friends and I had to choke down the 12 bone in ribeyes I purchased and grilled on Sunday. It sucks living like a pauper. STILL waiting on what kind of a raise Tim will get me.

Yeah, I'm in such dire straits. It's horrible that my friends and I had to choke down the 12 bone in ribeyes I purchased and grilled on Sunday. It sucks living like a pauper. STILL waiting on what kind of a raise Tim will get me.
We will be over 36 and some change in the last year of the contract. How do they expect us to live in that!!!

5habits100

I'm waiting to hear how he is going to fix the pensions like he says in his video. If he has the answers why doesn't he share them with all of the funds having issues? Why didn't he tell Sandy how to fix her pension fund?

wide load

I'm waiting to hear how he is going to fix the pensions like he says in his video. If he has the answers why doesn't he share them with all of the funds having issues? Why didn't he tell Sandy how to fix her pension fund?
No answers just empty promises. Their answer to pension reform is to promise more money to protect votes.
TDU motto, be overly critical of the opposition but don't give anyone any answers only excuses.
Excuses are lies wrapped up in reason.

5habits100

Not only does Tim drive a Nissan he isn't smart enough to check the eligibility of his slate. Jakwan is not eligible to run. This is how it will be if we are unfortunate enough for Tim to get elected.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Not only does Tim drive a Nissan he isn't smart enough to check the eligibility of his slate. Jakwan is not eligible to run. This is how it will be if we are unfortunate enough for Tim to get elected.
They should be embarrassed......this is basic stuff.......maybe they can get a new shop steward to take his place on the slate