8pm curfew

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We have a low limit for grievances in our yearly targets. It makes a difference here.
I am not saying you are wrong, but the fact remains that plenty of grievances are settled and heard that are ineffective, as UPS and it's management are too arrogant to follow through with the contract language. I don't mean sups but decision-makers. Maybe that means 9.5 in particular, at your location; but in many areas, UPS will just pay the 9.5 and work them excessive OT anyway.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Don't care if you believe me or not. I'm one of the 20+ year guys Do I want to run a misload after I'm done with my route. No. Do I. Yes. It's the right thing to do. If you payed for service guaranteed for a certain day, you should get it even if it means I work an extra 45 minutes. I worked for this company in the good days when customers loved us. Guess that is still living in me. Shrug............smirk face...............smart ass head nod.
I will say i don't want a second over 8 hours ever.

If I have worked 10 and they ask me to run a misload. Sure why not. Easiest money of the day for $50+ an hour and my day is already shot.

Rainman

Its all good.
They care so much they accept work they don't want to do?
If you worked for UPS in the old days you would understand. It was all about the customer then. People both in management and hourlies cared about our reputation and the commitments that we as a company made to the customers. Staying out extra sucks, but it's not the customer's fault that Hellen Keller or Stevie Wonder screwed up. We did, and still do, what is right because it's the right thing to do.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If you worked for UPS in the old days you would understand. It was all about the customer then. People both in management and hourlies cared about our reputation and the commitments that we as a company made to the customers. Staying out extra sucks, but it's not the customer's fault that Hellen Keller or Stevie Wonder screwed up. We did, and still do, what is right because it's the right thing to do.
Exactly what I said. He dosen't believe us

speedbug577

As you should know, despite being new, grievances can be settled and paid but that does not mean it will effect how UPS operates.

You are a PT sup...and shall keep your head down and follow orders. Enough of the ego grandstanding in every thread?
I second that. You would think he is a district mgr by his comments. He's just a smarta** PT sup. Those are the ones that cry when put in their place.

speedbug577

If you worked for UPS in the old days you would understand. It was all about the customer then. People both in management and hourlies cared about our reputation and the commitments that we as a company made to the customers. .

Those were "the good old days", we took pride in our work. We took care of our customers and they loved us. Nowadays it's all about the numbers. Everything changed when we went public.

moldsporh

...even though they run 2 hours over allowed...?

They're probably only 30 min over, new false standards show 2 hrs over.

Today's standards are 180 to 200 stops, no effing chance that was 8.5 to 9 hrs plan back then, even with diad 2 and 16 digit 1z labels.

That's Christmas numbers, they're back stabbing thieves now.

moldsporh

T

This is so amazingly true.