9/11/01

rickyb

What he is calling war is really war criminals.
im using google defintions of both words, not picking and choosing. i mean i guess your right since most US wars by international law are illegal which more accurately fits the definiton of terrorism. not saying other countries governments dont do state terror aka war, but US govt does it the most currently. maybe china will beat it in the future

rickyb

Your own posted definition of terrorism said the violence was aimed particularly at civilians. War has designated combatatants and harm to civilians is not the objective.
it says "especially against civilians" but i read that as not necessarily against them.

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
noun: terrorism
the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

rickyb

war
wôr/
noun
noun: war; plural noun: wars
a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
noun: terrorism
the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

from wikipedia:
State terrorism refers to acts of terrorism conducted by a state against foreign targets or against its own citizens.[

rickyb

The atomic bombings had military targets initially planned.
who gives a :censored2:, u killed a bunch of civilians who didnt necessarily agree with what their government was doing.

im not saying they can wash their hands clean of their governments actions anymore than americans can wash the blood of their hands of their govt's wars, but killing civilians in war by nuke is wrong and :censored2:ing terrorism.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
who gives a :censored2:, u killed a bunch of civilians who didnt necessarily agree with what their government was doing.

im not saying they can wash their hands clean of their governments actions anymore than americans can wash the blood of their hands of their govt's wars, but killing civilians in war by nuke is wrong and :censored2:ing terrorism.
It was also a massive show of military strength, and possibly saved more lives than were destroyed. Speaking about Nukes on Japan WW2.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

If civilian casualties was the aim there, then Tokyo should have been the target.