9/11 Never Forget and Never Believe

rickyb

i was young and i thought it was something out of a hollywood action movie. me and the jock in our class were getting so excited and then the teacher freaked out at us. this teacher is an :censored2: and even though he was a grown adult, acted in ways which caused us to act out more.

chris hedges says the terrorists got it from hollywood too

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
i was young and i thought it was something out of a hollywood action movie. me and the jock in our class were getting so excited and then the teacher freaked out at us. this teacher is an :censored2: and even though he was a grown adult, acted in ways which caused us to act out more.

Just to clarify, are you talking about 9/11?

oldngray

nowhere special

You admit you were clueless about what happened then?

rickyb

Just to clarify, are you talking about 9/11?
no im talking about halloween.

im sure alot of kids didnt know what to make of it other than it being something out of an action movie. i remember 2 of my teachers gossiping that a plane was over canada somewhere.

im not afraid of terrorism. im more afraid of driving than terrorism. or my own government terrorizing me than terrorism.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
no im talking about halloween.

im sure alot of kids didnt know what to make of it other than it being something out of an action movie. i remember 2 of my teachers gossiping that a plane was over canada somewhere.

im not afraid of terrorism. im more afraid of driving than terrorism. or my own government terrorizing me than terrorism.
So you don't drive either?

rickyb

i cant remember, probably. when your young, you dont know stuff. ditto for when your oldngray.

i remember watching it on tv, and i think i remember my parents scolding me and my bros reaction to it.

rickyb

Your parents must be so proud.
my parents both watch mainstream media and thats reflects who they are as people and what they value.

your kids probably do nothing politically aside from maybe voting. so what do they do thats meaningful? they probably just do what everyone else does since according to you, thats what makes something true or not.

rickyb

my perspective now is that its wrong for terrorists to attack civilians like the trade centres, but its certainly fair game to attack the president, the war machine which probably includes the pentagon.

what do you think: if the terrorists are at war with america, what are they allowed to attack which would follow the rules of war?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
my parents both watch mainstream media and thats reflects who they are as people and what they value.

your kids probably do nothing politically aside from maybe voting. so what do they do thats meaningful? they probably just do what everyone else does since according to you, thats what makes something true or not.
And that's a negative. My youngest is currently very involved politically. What are YOU doing other than posting everyone else's thoughts on here?

rickyb

And that's a negative. My youngest is currently very involved politically. What are YOU doing other than posting everyone else's thoughts on here?
very funny.

doing what?

i donated over $5000 this year because they were matching donations so i did a lump sum for 3 years. i am statistically in the 1% in terms of donations. i go to protests when i hear about them. i have bumper stickers, shirts. sometimes i vote. i treat everyone nice or if im pissed i ignore them. vegan. i email organizations and try to get them to pass a law. im against spending all my money on a mortgage or cars.

i just offered a coworker alot of money if he can get 1 of our supervisors who lies and doesnt follow the collective agreement fired.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
very funny.

doing what?

i donated over $5000 this year because they were matching donations so i did a lump sum for 3 years. i am statistically in the 1% in terms of donations. i go to protests when i hear about them. i have bumper stickers, shirts. sometimes i vote. i treat everyone nice or if im :censored2: i ignore them. vegan. i email organizations and try to get them to pass a law.

i just offered a coworker alot of money if he can get 1 of our supervisors who lies and doesnt follow the collective agreement fired.
Lol. What? No helping people register to vote or manning voting booths or marching for good causes? What kind of social justice warrior are you?

rickyb

Lol. What? No helping people register to vote or manning voting booths or marching for good causes? What kind of social justice warrior are you?
i hope theyre not burning torches in the marches. its amazing your kid even did that considering the parent they had. must be thinking for themselves.