9.5 doesn’t work

What'dyabringmetoday???

I don't think What'dya really cares about bug's expenses I think this is the issue...
Perceived he was talked down to by bug.
And Face's post was in jest.
You're a great person in real life, I can tell by your postings but some on here get their egos stepped on and then it's a urinating contest. It never changes.
Yes- you figured it out.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Look...I'm all for beating on @BigUnionGuy when he's got it coming, but you two are way off base on this one.

If someone feels the need to try and call me out, have at it.

I can and will defend my position as being correct.

If I don't know.... I'll tell you.

To anyone interested in facts, every union credit card bill turned in by officers/agents must be backed by itemized receipts showing what was ordered. The receipts also need to include the five W's (kinda like a well written grievance, another thing I'd lay money our buddy has never done). These receipts are checked by the ST and many levels of auditors, and like every other expense is reported to the membership at the next meeting.

100% correct.

Not only does the ST reviews receipts, so do the Trustees.... they sign off on them.

Also, every Local is audited by the IBT every 5 years. Another agent in my Local

had to reimburse the Local $1.43 for over-tipping on a cup of coffee.

The IBT has guidelines establishing expenditure limits depending on the location of the meeting.

"In town" meals are rarely expensed, and then only if accompanied by some type of extraordinary event such as negotiations.

A casual lunch would be out of the agents pocket, so unless BUG is OOT, I'd wager no dues money was spent at any restaurant.

Yep.

In my Local, you must be 50 miles out of town and on official business.

Just going to company facilities for routine visits or hearings doesn't count.

I don't think What'dya really cares about bug's expenses I think this is the issue... Perceived he was talked down to by bug.

Meh.

If anyone would think I wouldn't address someone who negatively or sarcastically

always responds to posts I make, must not realize after almost 40 years of dealing with

UPS.... I don't put up with their :censored2:.... why would I put up with his ?

And, to try and call me out as never working @ UPS ?

vct4c2.jpg

Still on the seniority list. :biggrin:

-Bug-

Future

Victory Ride

100% correct.

Not only does the ST reviews receipts, so do the Trustees.... they sign off on them.

Also, every Local is audited by the IBT every 5 years. Another agent in my Local

Yep.

Meh.

If anyone would think I wouldn't address someone who negatively or sarcastically

always responds to posts I make, must not realize after almost 40 years of dealing with

vct4c2.jpg

-Bug-
I feel you have a lot of knowledge about the going ons..... like reading your insight

A

Article 3

100% correct.

Yep.

Meh.

vct4c2.jpg

-Bug-
I have no dog in the fight and wasn't taking sides. It is truly a nonissue for me.

If I have a question I can ask other stewards and BAs in my area that I know and trust. To me, this forum has become mostly entertainment if I have some spare time to kill. Not that it matters to anyone else. Life is too short to live angry about things you cannot change.

Ps
Your info and candor has typically been helpful over the years.

A

Article 3

I would like to add another thought...

Does the negativity on here keep us from realizing that we all have a privileged, special connection that most of the world will never enjoy?

We are all a brotherhood and at the end of the day that fact should transcend all the other differences.

Sometimes we need to bury the hatchet for the good of everyone on here and for the future and strength of the people coming up behind us because a house divided will not only crumble but will embolden the corporate greed and abuse when we are perceived weak due to internal turmoil.

Just a thought. Thx for your time.

ManInBrown

It’s a deterrent. It’s not foolproof but when you file every time you’re violated they feel the pain. Trust me. Does the 9.5 guarantee that you won’t work over 9.5 more than 2 days per week? No. But if you file every single time you’re violated it’s a deterrent.

If I work 10, 10, 8.9, 8.9, and 9.51 I File every time. I don’t care that it was one minute. That’s how you send them a message. They’ll eventually get the hint.
Two weeks ago Friday would have been my third day. They know I don’t play games. They lightened me up real good. I ended up having 3 misloads and they were sending me messages late afternoon, “do not deliver your misloads. Sheet missed” which never happens here. We deliver everything.

9.5 is not completely foolproof but you have to opt in and file every single time. Even if day 3 is one minute over.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If I work 10, 10, 8.9, 8.9, and 9.51 I File every time. I don’t care that it was one minute.
This came up to me before also. Manager said “You only went over by a minute.”
I said “You are required to pay 8 hours, you you actually over dispatched an hour and 51 minutes.”

ManInBrown

This came up to me before also. Manager said “You only went over by a minute.”
I said “You are required to pay 8 hours, you you actually over dispatched an hour and 51 minutes.”
Yup. If you give them any break they try to bust the door down. One minute turns into five minutes turns into 15 turns into 30. You have to hold them to it. They love the drivers that opt into 9.5 but then are too scared to file. Might as well not even be on it.

I hear this one all the time. I’m on the 9.5 and they bury me every day. Well do you file I’ll say. And they’ll say no, I don’t want to do that.

35years

Gravy route
They know i will file every time also.

-I had a manager try to accuse me on a Friday morning of purposely going 3 minutes over 9.5 on Thursday for my 2nd 9.5.
-I told him I don't do that.
-He says B.S.
-Then I tell him I have an 8 hr. Friday, and don't accuse me of lying.

He realizes his mistake, but of course does not apologize...typical.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They know i will file every time also.

-I had a manager try to accuse me on a Friday morning of purposely going 3 minutes over 9.5 on Thursday for my 2nd 9.5.
-I told him I don't do that.
-He says B.S.
-Then I tell him I have an 8 hr. Friday, and don't accuse me of lying.

He realizes his mistake, but of course does not apologize...typical.
I feel sorry for the puppets sometimes but after all it was their choice to go into management to “make a difference”.... lol