9.5 excessive overtime day.

542thruNthru

So my local has been outside each building twice the last couple weeks signing anyone up that wants to be on 9.5. My BA told me today that the IBT wanted them to do it all on one day and make a show of it (today Jan 3rd). He didn't think it made any sense doing it just one day and the day after a holiday at that.

So I'm just curious how many locals were outside today trying to get everyone on the 9.5 list? I'm curious mainly because this is the first real show of solidarity before the contract and it seemed poorly planned to me. Though I do wish my local had participated I can see why they didn't.

So my local has been outside each building twice the last couple weeks signing anyone up that wants to be on 9.5. My BA told me today that the IBT wanted them to do it all on one day and make a show of it (today Jan 3rd). He didn't think it made any sense doing it just one day and the day after a holiday at that.

So I'm just curious how many locals were outside today trying to get everyone on the 9.5 list? I'm curious mainly because this is the first real show of solidarity before the contract and it seemed poorly planned to me. Though I do wish my local had participated I can see why they didn't.
There's very little solidarity anymore

Truly sad

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

No one was at my building.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Not here. It doesn’t matter about the list when only a handful of drivers actually go through the grievance process. They get talked out of it and cut side deals instead of following through.

542thruNthru

Not here. It doesn’t matter about the list when only a handful of drivers actually go through the grievance process. They get talked out of it and cut side deals instead of following through.
That's disheartening. Looked like we had a pretty good turn out. Almost half the RPCDs in each center seemed to have gotten on the lists.

MyTripisCut

You're not in our NMA language so that's probably why. Different 9.5 sign up rules I'm guessing.
Our stewards are all actively filling out the list, just like they do every year here. No word about a Jan 3 solidarity day. Besides, so many high seniority drivers on vacation last week and this week you can’t finish it anyway.

542thruNthru

Our stewards are all actively filling out the list, just like they do every year here. No word about a Jan 3 solidarity day. Besides, so many high seniority drivers on vacation last week and this week you can’t finish it anyway.
Exactly. That's why when my BA told me it made no sense to me.

I know it’s part of the job but 1.5 hours a day is more than excessive if someone doesn’t want overtime. It’s a joke really.
Like I said many times on the forum.
They should ask who wants excessive overtime and who doesn't

I know earlier this year gave everybody that stupid paper how many paid hours you want per day and you can wipe your ass for that one
You make a good Buck over time nice money but you cannot get your face pounded off the sidewalk everyday
And the 22.4 language is a complete :censored2:ing joke.

MyTripisCut

Like I said many times on the forum.
They should ask who wants excessive overtime and who doesn't

I know earlier this year gave everybody that stupid paper how many paid hours you want per day and you can wipe your ass for that one
You make a good Buck over time nice money but you cannot get your face pounded off the sidewalk everyday
And the 22.4 language is a complete :censored2:ing joke.
The TSP is coming back, so wipe again Toodles

542thruNthru

Oh and apparently during some shop steward zoom call with the IBT there is supposed to be a Martin Luther King Jr day rally. They want it in our contract. Can't help but feel this is a way to let black Friday go and not get the backlash

MyTripisCut

Oh and apparently during some shop steward zoom call with the IBT there is supposed to be a Martin Luther King Jr day rally. They want it in our contract. Can't help but feel this is a way to let black Friday go and not get the backlash
They tried this last year too. It was a failure. I’ll gladly pass and take the double time on Black Friday.