9.5 language got worst for cover drivers!!!!!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Had an argument with a steward today, he/she seems to believe that the intent of the language for cover drivers are to have to sign up to be in the 9.5 list for each route that they cover. So if there are 55 routes you will have 55 different 9.5 start and end dates. It's such bs. I asked her where the letter of understanding was that supported this was, and she replied that the BA and management came up with this agreement about the intent of the language. Now who am I supposed to go to? It is clearly laid out and I cannot see where they are coming from with this. Who else can I talk to? It is rare for a cover driver to run the same route multiple weeks in the same 5 months unless said driver has a butt load of vacation. This steward refuses to settle any cover driver's grievance unless they meet the terms, I haven't seen it personally, but I was told by another driver that this steward just crumbled up and threw his grievance in the trash right in front of him. He is on the 9.5 list but not for the route he went over that particular week.
It sounds as if the discrepancy is if the cover driver has 4 years or less of seniority. If so, it seems to be the intent. After 4 years, it doesn't matter if your on 5 different routes a week, you can go on one 95 list.

rkctkc

It sounds as if the discrepancy is if the cover driver has 4 years or less of seniority. If so, it seems to be the intent. After 4 years, it doesn't matter if your on 5 different routes a week, you can go on one 95 list.

As far as I can see, the language doesn't say you must sign up to be on the 9.5 list for each and every route regardless of whether you have been here 4 years or not

ihatewinter

Had an argument with a steward today, he/she seems to believe that the intent of the language for cover drivers are to have to sign up to be in the 9.5 list for each route that they cover. So if there are 55 routes you will have 55 different 9.5 start and end dates. It's such bs. I asked her where the letter of understanding was that supported this was, and she replied that the BA and management came up with this agreement about the intent of the language. Now who am I supposed to go to? It is clearly laid out and I cannot see where they are coming from with this. Who else can I talk to? It is rare for a cover driver to run the same route multiple weeks in the same 5 months unless said driver has a butt load of vacation. This steward refuses to settle any cover driver's grievance unless they meet the terms, I haven't seen it personally, but I was told by another driver that this steward just crumbled up and threw his grievance in the trash right in front of him. He is on the 9.5 list but not for the route he went over that particular week.

Vote for a different Stewart?

jamescasey420

Ours was 3 8hr days a month. Did it get decreased to two?
No I got to they point to where, you can request them all you want. No one is going to hold them to the contract. I had numerous weeks with hours exceeding 60 per week. The person that done the time call just rolled it over to the next week 70 hours. Wasw directed to deliver all of my misloads and that's what I did.