9.5 language got worst for cover drivers!!!!!

Dr.Brownz

Bingo!!
Keep people on track brother. Good job.

I feel the need to bump this; we got word today that the company is now saying you need all three conditions to get on the list. Drivers are outraged esspecialy guys with 15 years seniority and no bid route; Its going to be a fun couple months;

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I feel the need to bump this; we got word today that the company is now saying you need all three conditions to get on the list. Drivers are outraged esspecialy guys with 15 years seniority and no bid route; Its going to be a fun couple months;
Good retrieval from Necropolis!

The last time I put in for an 8hr request it was "approved"... I showed up to a 10hr dispatch and was not sent any relief, grievance filed and lost at local panel, no 8hr requests for cover drivers...at all... ever. It was for my Mom's 50th birthday dinner on a Tuesday night... I missed the dinner, "if UPS cared about your family they would have assigned you on with your brown uniform"
If you need the day, take it. Do not be afraid to pick up the phone and tell them your not coming in today.

If we did NOT have sure post we would have more driving positions, we had all the sure post volume before giving it to usps. Do you have any idea how many people stop me a week and say "it shows my pkg was delivered today at the post office, why is that?" Keep in mind, Im in front of their house and the package they are referring to I dropped off at the post office 3 hours prior.... How do I explain to them that they will get it tomorrow? All the little boxes of contact lenses, coffee, and small amazon packages I drop off at the PO. Yesterday, I delivered 77 pieces to the post office...keep in mind that the BAG of smalls counts as 1 piece, I had roughly 60pkgs, and 17 bags(with 10boxes in each) thats 230 small boxes, enough to create another route "for that particular loop".
If there are 2 things that the next contract should address, they should be sure post and stronger 9 5 language. The amount of pkgs the pro gets on a daily basis is getting outrageous.

Dr.Brownz

The company can say what they want. The language is pretty clear you don't need all 3. File the grievance for every 9.5 and wait for your big pay check.

There is about to be a full scale rebellion in our center; our stewards are even saying they agree with the company; this morning I was in the cms ofice with the stewards and two other drivers; we drivers (minus the stewards) are putting together and emergency meeting tommorow evening to get our soldiers on the same page and then we are going to war on this this; I and several drivers left messages at the union hall for the BA as well caling for our stewards to.be.removed, I.may take up that position; im sick of seeing ups ignore the.contract on a daily basis

rkctkc

There is about to be a full scale rebellion in our center; our stewards are even saying they agree with the company; this morning I was in the cms ofice with the stewards and two other drivers; we drivers (minus the stewards) are putting together and emergency meeting tommorow evening to get our soldiers on the same page and then we are going to war on this this; I and several drivers left messages at the union hall for the BA as well caling for our stewards to.be.removed, I.may take up that position; im sick of seeing ups ignore the.contract on a daily basis

In out neck of the woods the center manager is saying the guys with less than 4 years have to sign up on the 9.5 list for each and every single route that they go over on. So if you drive 14a this week and go over, get on the list for 14a. Then drive over 3 days on 17c next week, no violation. Get on 9.5 for 17c for it to count. That's bs. And the steward seems to agree. Total bs as well

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

What is your goal on 9.5? Are you only talking about cover drivers or route drivers also?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All three conditions?

O

OLDMAN3

File, file, file.
Eventually they will pay, pay, pay.

Big fat back-pay check for those that do.
The contract wording is clear.
Don't believe management.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

File, file, file.
Eventually they will pay, pay, pay.

Big fat back-pay check for those that do.
The contract wording is clear.
Don't believe management.
I think he doesn't understand how 9.5 grievences work for cover drivers that switch routes daily.......in my area it goes by route for cover drivers as well

542thruNthru

In my hub it doesn't matter what route as long as you bid on it for a full week. So if I do 17a one week and then 37c the next I can file as long as I bid the route for the week. To me it sounds like you guys are getting screwed having to file for every single route.

Dr.Brownz

In my hub it doesn't matter what route as long as you bid on it for a full week. So if I do 17a one week and then 37c the next I can file as long as I bid the route for the week. To me it sounds like you guys are getting screwed having to file for every single route.

yeah that seems like BS to me. That is just a way for them to avoid ever having cover drivers on the 9.5 list which is what this contract was supposed to fix